DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: '07 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:29
medicnorth is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Tonneau Issue w/Bedliner

Hey Guys,

Once my CAI/Exhaust are on this week I want to order a soft tonneau, unfortunately my truck came with a drop-in bedliner from mopar (I'm assuming it's from mopar due to the giant rams head at the front of the bed). The bedliner comes over the rails, and is flush all the way down on the inside of the bed.

This is my first pickup, as I've always been a Jeep Wrangler owner so I may be a little clueless. I see that all the soft tonneau covers seem to have a side rail that latches onto the inside of the bed rail. My problem is none of that is exposed due to this shitty drop-in liner.

So any ideas? Cut down the liner? I would be running down to the spray-in dealer but our guy in town retired and the next shop that does it is over 8hrs away (It's closer for me to get to the arctic circle).

I'll post some pictures of what I'm dealing with as soon as the sun is up enough.

DISREGARD! - Convinced the guy to come out of retirement for one more spray gotta love knowing people, that know people, who can beg for you.
Thanks.
-J

Last edited by medicnorth; 04-05-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: post no longer needed
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Cummins Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:27
cuda71 is on a distinguished road

Glad you convinced the guy to come out of retirement to do one last job, you won't regret getting a spray in liner, didn't have one in my last truck but love it in this one
Old 04-06-2010, 12:21 AM
erm

Yeah, I would have cut down the plastic liner (I hate those!) but since you talked him into one more spray, you're golden!