DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 4x2
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
2010Ramowner is on a distinguished road
Default Dealers

There are two Dodge/Chrysler dealers in town. At the first I went to in the fall of 2009, the salesman was a gold level long time salesman but when I showed him the 2010 Ram brochure and tried to price a Ram R/T he looked at me and said that model wasn't even available but the dealership had a nice V-6 Charger that I'd be interested in. I told him my 06 G6 GTP would blow its doors off so why would I trade for that and left.
I phoned Dodge Canada when I got home and was told the model of Ram was indeed available and I had better try another dealer; and I did.
Went to Kingston Chrysler Dodge and even got a rookie salesman and yet we hammered out a deal I could live with (He did try to sell me a V-6 Challenger that was on their lot.) and I signed.
The salesman was most helpful, the finance manager (I had dealt with him in 2006 when he was a salesman and I wanted to buy a Magnum R/T.) was also most helpful and seemed to be working on my side as we tried to arrive at a deal I could live with. He never once tried any tricks or subterfuge.
When Chrysler Canada started messing around with my order and didn't communicate with me nor the dealership either, the sales manager bent over backwards to work on my side, e-mailing or phoning the Dodge dealer rep almost daily and even sending a sharp, lengthy e-mail to Dodge Canada stating my case.
When I took a bus to the dealership in the winter, he paid for a taxi to take me home and then gave me a number of taxi chits billable to the dealership. When Dodge refused to sell me the 22" rims, he tried everything to get Dodge to change its mind.
The service manager to whom I was introduced seemed friendly and efficient so I have good vibes for when my truck finally arrives. Both times I have dealt with the dealership, I was surprised at the absence of pushiness or dealer/salesman tricks I have seen at other dealers and in past buying experiences.
2010Ramowner
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 AM

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

well thats good to hear these days its getting hard to get a honest dealer
Old 03-25-2010, 03:46 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:140
Ruffian11 will become famous soon enoughRuffian11 will become famous soon enough

Good to hear! atleast you have a reputable dealer to take your vehicle back to should the need arrive! its nice to know some dealerships still respect and work towards a great custom relationship...especially with new customers
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear that. Being born and raised from your city i know exactly who you are refering to. You went to the right place. When is it coming?
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

I just love how you go in asking for a truck and they try and sell you a car. Great listeners aren't they?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sage Brush Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:219
MOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura aboutMOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura aboutMOPAR MULiSHA has a spectacular aura about

Very good to hear! Being 24 and hopping around dealers for the right truck I ran into similiar crap with salesman just not wanting to work with me even though I could have bought the truck that day. Had a dealer even suggest a Honda Ridgeline with 80K miles to me because I drove 2hrs to look at a ram they had sold that morning and neglected to call me even though I had set up the test drive the day before driving up!

2012 Sage Brush Pearlcoat Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Hemi 4x4 w/ Ram Box Storage System
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Glad you found a good dealer that was on your side! And congrats on the new truck!!!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Cummins Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:27
cuda71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Mulisha View Post
Very good to hear! Being 24 and hopping around dealers for the right truck I ran into similiar crap with salesman just not wanting to work with me even though I could have bought the truck that day. Had a dealer even suggest a Honda Ridgeline with 80K miles to me because I drove 2hrs to look at a ram they had sold that morning and neglected to call me even though I had set up the test drive the day before driving up!
Wow! I had a simlar thing happen to me when I was looking for my last two trucks. The dealership I bought my truck from was 3hrs away but it was worth the drive, very friendly, and not pushy at all.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:03 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

See! There ARE good dealerships out there, they're just lurking among all the mediocre ones. Glad to hear some good dealership stories.