DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport full equip
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Daj is on a distinguished road
Default 3 Weeks in. Comments and Questions

I's been 3 weeks now with the new beast.. and I am hot and cold. Here's why.

Delay in acceleration is really annoying. Sometimes it accelerates immediately, sometimes there is a noticeable delay.

Does not seem to 'track' well always requiring direction adjustments with the wheel.

The GPS is useless as the 'voice' announcing turns cannot be heard over the music and there is no way to increase the volume (as far as I know)

The passenger security strap always rattles against the pillar when not in use.

There are rattles in the dashboard.

Despite what the dealer said, the paint should be perfect. I have several points where there seem to be a grain of sand in the paint creating an imperfection.

The econo mode only kicks in when the foot is off the gas. I though that on a level surface with constant speed, it would.

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed but at that price, I should not.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Caliber
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Silver
Rep:41
UN4GTBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daj View Post
I's been 3 weeks now with the new beast.. and I am hot and cold. Here's why.

Delay in acceleration is really annoying. Sometimes it accelerates immediately, sometimes there is a noticeable delay. Welcome to electronic throttles...they suck

Does not seem to 'track' well always requiring direction adjustments with the wheel. Allignment issue maybe?

The GPS is useless as the 'voice' announcing turns cannot be heard over the music and there is no way to increase the volume (as far as I know) The mygig that I have allows me to turn up the volume. The easiest way to do that is to turn up the volume while she is speaking, the lower left corner of the screen will say Nav Volume and as you turn it up she will get louder. There is also a menu setting for this, but I forget where it is, I think if you press the Nav button, and then hit Menu and mess around in the GPS menu its there

The passenger security strap always rattles against the pillar when not in use. Don't know what this is

There are rattles in the dashboard. That sucks

Despite what the dealer said, the paint should be perfect. I have several points where there seem to be a grain of sand in the paint creating an imperfection. I'd let one slide if it wasn't obvious, but if there are several obvious ones, try and take the issue higher

The econo mode only kicks in when the foot is off the gas. I though that on a level surface with constant speed, it would. No idea how this is supposed to work, so no comment

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed but at that price, I should not.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
See bold.

Did you mean the truck bed, or your bed?

Wanting a new Ram...
Old 04-22-2010, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Take it to the dealer with your list of complaints. Be as clear and to the point as possible. The acceleration issue may be addressed by a PCM flash and all flashes that apply to your truck should be done free of charge as long as it's under warranty. Have the alignment checked and be sure to obtain a copy of the spec sheet with pre and post alignment numbers. Not sure what to tell you about the nav system. They should fix the dash rattles. Period. Same for the paint. If you don't get the satisfaction you're looking for from the dealer, give Chrysler a call and convey your concers directly to them. Don't forget to keep copies of all your documentation.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 2WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/Big Horn EQ GP
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:119
plumcrazy73 will become famous soon enoughplumcrazy73 will become famous soon enough

no paint job from the factory is perfect
Old 04-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:23
MotorCityRam is on a distinguished road

Turn the volume up while the NAV voice is speaking. That will bring it's volume up. Hit the repeat button if it stops too quickly (worked this way on my '08 300C).

Accel issue is just part of a DBW setup. This is my 3rd vehicle w/ cable-less throttle and they all do it. I hear ya though...I miss a throttle cable and a stiff return spring!

pass side shoulder harness: Mine does the same thing. Make sure it's lying flat (buckle not twisted). If just left to drop mine almost ALWAYS rattles. Quick lean across and lay the tab flat and it stops.

Unless you're dropping it into ERS mode, the ECO mode should kick in quite a bit. Setting a up-shift limit w/ the ERS or using Tow/Haul will lock out the MDS.

It's a production vehicle built on an assembly line. Paint is never going to be perfect. You should see the huge paint booger on the inside bottom of my tailgate that still had a "Quality" sticker w/ an arrow pointing to it left on it. Luckily it's on the tailgate inner and doesn't matter. Major issues though....have it corrected.

2010 Quad Cap Sport 4x2 / Inferno Red / HEMI / 3.92s / leather / Truxedo Truxsport tonneau
Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

The throttle delar can be caused by the MDS system and when you floor it it has to kick out before it allows the engine to rev up. Try driving in tow/haul to see if this helps. And like Randy said, have the dealership flash the PCM to get the latest updates.

For the paint, you can try a clay bar on it and see if it takes out any of the speckles as they could just be rail dust in the clear coat.

Rattles should be fixed under warranty

The MDS should kick in more regularly after the PCM flash as well, but as long as you're driving in an economical manner it should be on. I know in mine it won't kick in if I've accelerated up to speed and maintained it, I have to drop off a bit and then it'll kick in.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Crew Sport
Color: Bright White
Instrumenttech9 is on a distinguished road

Voice can be set up in the set up menu under Nav. You'll see an option to adjust voice volume.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Sport full equip
Color: Black
Daj is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys

I fixed the NAV thing.. I am getting the bumper redone and will inquire on the flash thing.. The dash rattle went away for the moment and Im thinking of putting velcro on the passenger buckle