DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice
Default 180 Degree Thermostat

Just ordered this i hope it fits. http://estore.websitepros.com/802805...tat/Detail.bok

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Another piece that I commonly hear is used on the Hemi cars. Let us know what you think! And pics, don't forget the pics...pretty please!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: St
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
CORUPTWJ is on a distinguished road

I would only suggest this if you are using it on a track only/off road vehicle. Baiscally this will cause your vehicle to run rich because it is not getting up to the correct opperating tempature (computer sees the engine as being too cold). So you are going to see more wear on your engine and lower mpg. I know a lot of people that run cooler temp t-stats in there vehicle, but it is not worth it for me.

Last edited by CORUPTWJ; 05-05-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Black Express 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:130
09 TRX AGGIE will become famous soon enough09 TRX AGGIE will become famous soon enough

keep us posted on the install. i've done those before and it was a pain in the you know what because it didn't fit.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORUPTWJ View Post
I would only suggest this if you are using it on a track only/off road vehicle. Baiscally this will cause your vehicle to run rich because it is not getting up to the correct opperating tempature (computer sees the engine as being too cold). So you are going to see more wear on your engine and lower mpg. I know a lot of people that run cooler temp t-stats in there vehicle, but it is not worth it for me.
I read an article when the Diablo tuner first came out that it was necessary to change the thermostat to a 185 to run the 93 oct tune...not sure why and have asked for opinions but never got any responses....anyone else hear of this?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
MotorCityRam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORUPTWJ View Post
Not necessarily true. Just because you run a 180 stat doesn't mean it's only going to run at 180. And even if it did, a/f will be adjusted for via the o2 sensors. The higher temp stat is for emissions purposes. Once you're to 165 you should be fine.

More importantly...$30?! That's insane for a stat!! It should be easily less than $15 and more likely less than $10!

2010 Quad Cap Sport 4x2 / Inferno Red / HEMI / 3.92s / leather / Truxedo Truxsport tonneau
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

are the t-stats the same for gen3 and gen4. reason I ask is the local parts shop only listed the stock 203 degree t-stat and it was $26.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Auburn/ Crimson red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
TsubaMaster is on a distinguished road

Actaully when you get down to it all t-stats are the same ( unless its some odd ball vehicle). About running rich and low mpg, that is an incorrect statement. It is race proven the lower the temp the better it performs. Look at the 145 to 165 t-stats that say RACE only. Thats what you might be mistaken with. Now on any vehicle with a computer the lowest you want to go, ( unless you live in a climate that doesn't get below 75 degrees) is 180 degree. If you go below that, in the winter your vehicle will not get to operating temps and will throw codes left anf right. So in conclusion 180 t-stat is perfect, I run one in my 02 ram. Oh yeah 30$ is way to damn much...... Summit racing 14$ bro. Yall have a good one.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Lowest I'd go is the 180 for the very reason given above, I live in Alberta and it gets COLD here, even with my 180 installed, I still have a cooler cab than my gf likes in winter. No issues with the engine temps and I'm toasty!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Came in today and put it in, in like 5 mins. Very simple installation only thing that kinda sux is all the antifreeze u gotta buy afterwards. Holds 16 qrts 38 bucks in antifreeze kinda hits yah...i got the premixed stuff btw.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 11-02-2010 at 11:09 PM.