DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - SIGS - Special Interest Groups > Military

Notices

Military Special Interest Group for members of all branches of the military, active duty or retired. - Click the badge to the right to request membership>>

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 HEMI V8 Big Horn
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:94
GsxrSoldier4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to GsxrSoldier4
Default Time to Vent

If you are not military especailly not a ground runner, you will probally not understand, but I will do my best to help you understand without telling to much.

IDF=Indirect Fire, In other words the square mile you live in gets hits with rockets/mortars.

Iraq now a days, eh well missions blow hands down. It is all about making these people happy now and following ROE.

If you are Fat/Stupid/Worthless, you usually get put into a TOC (A secret room) and take care of radios and such things.

If anyone of you other combat's can relate, getting spun up to hit a target...while awaiting your BFT (computer) messages, the TOC roach is 250lbs AND DOESNT ACKNOWLEDGE YOU KNOWING YOU STILL RUN OFF ASIPS THAT SUCK!

And you get to come back to MSG at the gate getting in your ass, and he says " Your Lead Vehicle you should know this shit".

Ok im done, Tango have a good night.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

I hear ya bud. While I wasn't a groundpounder, (we did airborne custom landscaping) there's plenty of DF's in all branches. Even after you get out you'll find 'em everywhere, and you'll find that nobody gives a rats ass about what you've done over there.
You've only got a little time left. You've gotta put yourself in control. Keep your head where it belongs. If you were to come home disabled you'd find that you're treated like a third class citizen by those you volunteered to protect. Believe me it ain't worth it.
I for one know what you're going through and thank you for it. Kudos!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:63
2007Ram1500 will become famous soon enough

yeah man i feel ya. im glad im not the only one! i ground pounded a bit With Engineers on my last trip Down range. We did iraq for 3 months and the ROE made me F*****G gag man. then we went to afghanistan for 9 months and ROE was better but still was gay. And my 1SG was always there to greet you at the gate to tell you all the F**K ups he saw on the BFT. NEVER FAILED!!!!!!!! but i hope things get better for ya man

Last edited by 2007Ram1500; 05-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 HEMI V8 Big Horn
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:94
GsxrSoldier4 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to GsxrSoldier4

Its jsut funny, you got great leadership, but the people who your company falls under...are stupid sometimes.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
Birdman is on a distinguished road

I know exactly what you are talking about man. Got the same stuff going on here in Trashghanistan. The people we are under just think we are all ate up. Yet they have messed up more here in their four months than we have since August. The only thing you can do is just drive on, and just realize that you are doing your job. Always gonna have people mess up, and others get blamed for their mistakes. The 101 is a joke where we are just disrespectful and don't care about anything. (side note not all 101 is a joke) The 3ID aviation that is over here is respectful and really good guys. I am just glad that I have a few weeks left then go home, and know that I got my job done no matter what others believe. I have been wanting to say that for a while now. sorry about the random rambling.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 05 Ram 1500
Color: Silver
EODsmitty is on a distinguished road

I feel all your pain! My last trip I was an EOD 1SG supporting 4/25 out of Alaska. I went out with my troops on missions, and I even took all the dismounted and air asualt so they could focus on their sectors. You guys know that each area is diffrent and it would be silly of me to take a mission in the areas that they were familiar with. Anyways, one of my teams was out on COP and I was making a mail run and to check up on my guys and went around and asked the other 1SGs if they wanted to tag along to check up on their guys. Well, the answer I got from all but 1 (I asked 5) was thats not my job anymore, I dont go out side the wire. Bunch of F!@$ing P!@#$ies! I told them that to the FN faces. You got to take care of your Soldier cause if you do, they will take care of you!! Needless to say, I didnt make a lot of friends in 4/25!!!LOL

Smitty
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Rep:22
MADDOG is on a distinguished road

I experienced this to the micro management level while serving in Thailand in the early 70's.

Stoopid REMF's had no clue what it took to run operations out there but they were more than willing to order us to do stoopid shit.

It's a complaint common to all generations and all branches of service.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
Rep:63
2007Ram1500 will become famous soon enough

lol yup as we say in my squad with great rank comes great lazyness now a days lol
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Birdman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODsmitty View Post
I feel all your pain! My last trip I was an EOD 1SG supporting 4/25 out of Alaska. I went out with my troops on missions, and I even took all the dismounted and air asualt so they could focus on their sectors. You guys know that each area is diffrent and it would be silly of me to take a mission in the areas that they were familiar with. Anyways, one of my teams was out on COP and I was making a mail run and to check up on my guys and went around and asked the other 1SGs if they wanted to tag along to check up on their guys. Well, the answer I got from all but 1 (I asked 5) was thats not my job anymore, I dont go out side the wire. Bunch of F!@$ing P!@#$ies! I told them that to the FN faces. You got to take care of your Soldier cause if you do, they will take care of you!! Needless to say, I didnt make a lot of friends in 4/25!!!LOL

Smitty
That sounds a like the 1SG from the 4/25 that we were previously under. Our 1SG was like you when we first got here. Then he was around the others to much and well became just like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007Ram1500 View Post
lol yup as we say in my squad with great rank comes great lazyness now a days lol
This is very true... lol well not all but like 95%
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 05 Ram 1500
Color: Silver
EODsmitty is on a distinguished road

Tell your 1SG not to drink the coolaid!!! It is easy to violate the NCO Creed. Those guys are using their rank and position to get over. Hey, at the end of the day they have to sleep with themselves. I was such an ass to them, that I wasnt invited to play poker with them in their weekly "Senior NCOPD". LOL

I have notice this is a trend with the younger 1SG. We are promoting so fast that they dont get a chance to see what right looks like.

Was you 1SG name Ziegler (SP?) If so, he was a great guy. It would blow the minds of his troops out on a mission doing cordon and knock. They would hollar for the 1SG and he and I would show up. It was hoot!!

Smitty