DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge ram 2wd quad cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: champagne
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:35
olsarge is on a distinguished road

wow this is gonna suck but its so dang hot in texas.....so when I stick my hand up there how can i tell should it move freely or just be stck.. bc my problem is the blower blows on all levels properly and the thing changes from floor to def. to vents just fine it just does not seem to come out(blowing wise) properly bc it feels restricted.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:53 AM

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram
Trim Level: sxt
Color: atlantic blue
Rep:197
05atlanticblue has a spectacular aura about05atlanticblue has a spectacular aura about

the door above the motor is the recirculation door. it's job is to shut off the outside air and grab cold air from the cab to keep cool. start the truck and put the fan on high on regular ac, not recirculate. give it a minute and switch it to recirculated air - you should hear air moving different and the air should blow harder.

if it is the door not operating correctly it will be 25 for the part and around 5-1/2 to 6 hours of your time with a helper. it is a big job but not terribly hard within itself.
otherwise it is at least $400 from the dealer.

if you decide to tackle it, feel free to message me - i'll help you any way i can.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500 MegaCab
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Rep:10
Reaver33 is on a distinguished road

I feel your pain brother, i think i have this same problem with my truck and i too have only had it for 2 months.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Depending on the configuration, you can cheat the recirc door problem and have it fixed in 30 minutes by disassembling the new door and installing it without pulling the HVAC box.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 AM

randy dont hold out on us man how could we do this that you are saying because I would love to atleaast try.

will send pm
Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 3/4 ton 4x2 5.9 Cummins
Color: White/Silver
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:13
James Posey is on a distinguished road
Cool Recirc blend door Cheap Quick fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsarge View Post
randy dont hold out on us man how could we do this that you are saying because I would love to atleaast try.

will send pm
Caution Caution Caution. Air bag wiring exposed once glove box door off. Do not activate that air bag. If you are concerned. pull ground off battery. I did not but be aware yellow wiring is air bag. Do not disturb.

A few days ago on my 2006 Ram same situation. Blowing cold like North Pole. Just would not come out vents in any volume. I have a Factory Manuel on disc. Pull your Glove box door off. Simple to do. Look up in the inlet thats now exposed. You can see the top of the door for indoor outdoor air blend. The drive motor on mine broke the plastic shaft on top of door. Unplug fan elec plug. 3 screws fan drops out of the way. I was able to put contact cement/glue on seal area all the way around door. Carefully reach up in there and place door on outside position and let it set over night. This will put in recirc 100% of time but solve problem in 30 min if this is the problem. The stub of the broken drive sticking out on left side. You will see through inlet. Get it out with a long screw driver to pop it out of its fit before glueing door inplace. When I get the new door next winter I will correctly fix. Florida Fort Pierce to damn hot right now. Other than a bad kink in my neck from odd body position too long. Cold AC blowing like a Hurricane. If you need instructions get back to me. Your Glove box door has sides that squeeze in to let it fold down towards floor. It then will lift off its bottom hinges. That simple. Get the fan down and big access hole for your hand. Door is all plastic with foam on both sides. You can look at door and where it goes to figure out its orintation. It needs to be glued on correct side and put in place in correct orintation to fit right and cover outside air inlet. Right side has a 1/4 inch round hinge that will fit into its hinge hole to locate door correctly, put up in place prior to glue, trial run, then, once figured out glue it and put in place. I put a measured piece of wood cut to fit and hold door tightly over night while glue set. Put fan Motor back on, pluged in, nice and cold. Cost, Kinked neck and 0 dollars so far. I came to site tonight just to research if this is common problem. Got my answer first search. Only problem in almost 5 yrs aint to bad. Stay Cool.

Last edited by James Posey; 05-23-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add Caution statement.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 3/4 ton 4x2 5.9 Cummins
Color: White/Silver
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:13
James Posey is on a distinguished road
Cool Broken Recirc door part location

Anybody that been through this no a source for a new recirc door. Not Factory if possible. I would like a better made door. Factory Service Manuel says no need to index drive motor. Electronic, will know when to stop. Yea after it fatigues and breaks molded drive post off door. Maybe Ill buy 2 when I locate. I think I can install through fan hole. Im going to try like hell before pulling dash apart. Next winter, not now. Good contact glue good stuff. Foam depressed all the way around where door seats. No doubt where to apply glue. Just get it on correct side to close off outside air. Door will only fit one way.
Thanks JP

Old 05-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Crew Cab,Slt
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:48
Papa Bear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Posey View Post
Caution Caution Caution. Air bag wiring exposed once glove box door off. Do not activate that air bag. If you are concerned. pull ground off battery. I did not but be aware yellow wiring is air bag. Do not disturb.

A few days ago on my 2006 Ram same situation. Blowing cold like North Pole. Just would not come out vents in any volume. I have a Factory Manuel on disc. Pull your Glove box door off. Simple to do. Look up in the inlet thats now exposed. You can see the top of the door for indoor outdoor air blend. The drive motor on mine broke the plastic shaft on top of door. Unplug fan elec plug. 3 screws fan drops out of the way. I was able to put contact cement/glue on seal area all the way around door. Carefully reach up in there and place door on outside position and let it set over night. This will put in recirc 100% of time but solve problem in 30 min if this is the problem. The stub of the broken drive sticking out on left side. You will see through inlet. Get it out with a long screw driver to pop it out of its fit before glueing door inplace. When I get the new door next winter I will correctly fix. Florida Fort Pierce to damn hot right now. Other than a bad kink in my neck from odd body position too long. Cold AC blowing like a Hurricane. If you need instructions get back to me. Your Glove box door has sides that squeeze in to let it fold down towards floor. It then will lift off its bottom hinges. That simple. Get the fan down and big access hole for your hand. Door is all plastic with foam on both sides. You can look at door and where it goes to figure out its orintation. It needs to be glued on correct side and put in place in correct orintation to fit right and cover outside air inlet. Right side has a 1/4 inch round hinge that will fit into its hinge hole to locate door correctly, put up in place prior to glue, trial run, then, once figured out glue it and put in place. I put a measured piece of wood cut to fit and hold door tightly over night while glue set. Put fan Motor back on, pluged in, nice and cold. Cost, Kinked neck and 0 dollars so far. I came to site tonight just to research if this is common problem. Got my answer first search. Only problem in almost 5 yrs aint to bad. Stay Cool.

well i no for a fact that this works cause i did mine pretty much the same way..its been 2 years now and it still works great..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 SLT
Color: Black
Rep:10
BlueLineRam is on a distinguished road

I just fixed a broken recirc door on my 06. Like others, my A/C was nice and cold but not blowing hard enough to cool the cab. So I googled the problem and found a quick fix. It took me just 15 mins.

Locate your blower directly underneath the glove box. Remove three screws and pull out the circular blower. Reach up inside the hole, you will probably find a foam covered door lying loose inside. The foam door is your recirc door. Wiggle it a bit so you can pull it out of the blower hole. Check your blower for any broken pieces from the recirc door and then reinstall the blower. Your A/C should be blowing like new. The only catch is from now on you will no longer have recirc available.

For me, I didn't want to pay 400 bucks or try to pull out the entire dash just to fix something that will eventually break again. Like I said, it now blows cold and hard like it was new. If you can live without recirc, then go for it!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM

I fixed it I simply took the old door out and left it out works great