DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Photography/Videography

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I agree , even with the clearcoat coming off she still looks good .
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

thanks everyone. She is still beautiful...and, she's been very good to me. So, a good relationship And...as I've said before, you'd have to see it in person to really appreciate the peeling clearcoat...lol
But, thanks regardless. But, what she is right now is a very attractive lady that has aged. All she needs is a face lift, and, she's 0 again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sst View Post
What is the paint job gonna cost ya man? Your truck is gonna look so good lol. And Honestly, your front bumper looks better than mine right now haha mine has paint chipping off.
Well...I have a family friend that owes me some favors. I helped him out at his body shop for about a week, and, come the end of the week, he had no money. So, I told him, he buys the paint and paints my trucks, and not the cheap stuff either. He said, okay. But, I have to buy the clear coat, and, for the good stuff that'll make it deep looking, its about $250. So, thats the cost of the paint job. I'm also doing all the body work myself.

As far as the front bumper...lol My original one was bent, so, I grabbed this one out of the junkyard and it was grey...so..........

about 3 cans of Wal-Mart Gloss black and it looks better than the truck Can't see any paint strokes either....haha.

But, thanks again everyone. I'll be sure to take pics during and after she's done.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Great pics man! I really like that truck it looks great! I always like those ss/t trucks!

Sounds like your getting a pretty good deal on the new look so far! Cant wait to see it all done!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 06-05-2010, 12:00 AM

strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
Great pics man! I really like that truck it looks great! I always like those ss/t trucks!

Sounds like your getting a pretty good deal on the new look so far! Cant wait to see it all done!
Thanks! And, I was just looking at a picture of when we first got it...man was she pretty. I'm actually very excited to get it painted

I'm also going to put the bed cover back on and run stripes across the bed cover and down the front bumper as well.

It'll be done right...I promise

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Very great pics............I have to agree........Even the way it is, shes still a great looking Ram........Looking forward to after pics.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 06-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

I still like the faded paint look. I wouldn't paint it because it took 12 years to make it look that cool.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenneSST View Post
I still like the faded paint look. I wouldn't paint it because it took 12 years to make it look that cool.
lol...yes...12 years of neglect and lack of garage

Nah...I'd rather have a pretty, shiny truck. More appealing to those of the other gender

Old 06-06-2010, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
lol...yes...12 years of neglect and lack of garage

Nah...I'd rather have a pretty, shiny truck. More appealing to those of the other gender
Good look at things man haha. I wish people would appreciate the fact that they will have a slim chance of seeing another SS/T... My friends just say it's I own a Ram with stripes. Bastards lol

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Good look at things man haha. I wish people would appreciate the fact that they will have a slim chance of seeing another SS/T... My friends just say it's I own a Ram with stripes. Bastards lol
lol...let them think that. What we actually have is the next little red Express, once these get old enough.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good look at things man haha. I wish people would appreciate the fact that they will have a slim chance of seeing another SS/T...
Most folks have never heard of one. I never remember seeing any advertising on an SS/T. In fact, I didn't realize they were still building them in 1998 until I saw mine through the showroom window. Everybody that sees my truck is more impressed/amazed by the scratch free bed and overall condition of my truck than the fact that it is an SS/T.

Quote:
My friends just say it's I own a Ram with stripes. Bastards lol
Tell them that it has a cool muffler and shiny exhaust tip too.

I have to agree with them to an extent. I wish they had bumped the horsepower up and offered a Viper T-56. However, $1380 for the SS/T package was really a good deal for what you got. How many other special editions were that cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strang3majik View Post
What we actually have is the next little red Express, once these get old enough.
I hope you're right. I just don't think it will be the case. In 1978 and 1979, the Little Red Express didn't have any competition. It was also as fast as a Corvette and Trans Am. The SS/T had the Lightning and 454 SS to compete against as well as the Indy Ram. Supercharged Lightnings were out the next year (1999) and the Viper powered Ram (SRT-10) came later. I think the 1996 Indy Ram will be the only 1990's Dodge pickup to have any collector status based solely on the Indianapolis 500 connection.