DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Jeep GC WK
Rep:964
hemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to beholdhemiv8dodgeram1500 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I'm not sure how it'll look on your '10, but this is what I did on my '08. It bolted right up the the bumper support brackets from underneath. You just needed to remove the nuts, slide the brackets over the studs, then reattach the nuts. On one of the bolts I had to grind a flat spot on the connected washer, but it wasn't too bad. Also had to notch the valance, as someone else said. Took about an hour or so to install.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is a "hunter bull bar" that I got on ebay. You can do a search in the eBay motors section to find 'em. My only complaint was that the brackets almost immediately started to show rust, which caused the paint to peel off. After almost two yrs there was the beginnings of surface rust on the stainless as well (not sure how that happened).

I haven't decided if I'm gonna go with a bull bar on my '10 or not.

Exco

nice truck and thats were i got my brush guard form
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Quadcab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:21
BK24 is on a distinguished road

When I put a westin bull bar on my previous vehicle, it was a very easy install. It took longer to adjust the angle than to put it on and I did it by myself. I just held it up with my knees while I tightened the 4 bolts to the frame. A helper would have been nice though.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mhathaway74 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the input! Today when i was washing my truck i got underneath it and looked where i could bolt it on, it was a tight squeeze. I could barely fit my head under it so if i am getting one, id probably have to get it done at a shop.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

thanks Hemi.... I had finally gotten the truck where I felt it was "mine" and not like every other electric blue 1500 on the road... I upgraded to a '10 Sport... so I guess I get to start over!

mHath...
a pair of $30 ramps from the parts store will solve the clearance issues.....

you can put the front end up on ramps, and it gives you about 6-8 inches of extra clearance. once you're underneath you'll have enough room to do what ever needs to be done

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I just found this image... I don't know if it's on an '09 or a '10. It was listed as being on an '03-'06...

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: sport
Color: mineral grey
Rep:23
M275sailor is on a distinguished road

My choice would be something like what hemiv8 has. The low bull bar does nothing for me on the ram in the way it looks and the other type gives more protection anyway.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
yagottaregatta is on a distinguished road

Can you use these bull bars if you have tow hooks? I could see the pic for some reason and mhathaway54's icon is small. It looks like it might interfere? sorry if this is a dump question just couldn't tell. thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiezl Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Blue Streak Pearl Coat
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice

Looks to me like the bull bar blocks the tow hooks.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:12 AM

I can't speak for the 4th gens, but on my '08 I would've had to remove the tow hooks, if I'd had some (which I didn't).

I think it's pretty common to remove the tow hooks when installing a bull bar, though I would suspect that with some you could probably get away with leaving them on, provided they were not in the way.

Exco
Bill
Old 06-07-2010, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:22
CanadianInfernoRed is on a distinguished road

That bar looks terrible! there is no need for it.