DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 4.7L PowerTech V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Deez Nutz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Deez Nutz
Default Tuff Country Torsion bar keys- yes or no? What to cover to clean engine?

I want to get this leveling kit, but I don't know how good it is. Readylift seems to be a little better because it comes with the torsion bar puller (I think). It's also more expensive. I want to get the Tuff Country one from suspension connection. I just got dick cepek dc1 17" rims and bf goodrich all terrain ko 31"ers. I dont want to have it looking retarded and unleveled when I finally get the hardware to put them on. And is it hard to get it on there and looking good if you're diying it? Anyone have one?

My other question, my engine is covered in mud. It's really bad. It's been like this for quite a while now. I want to wash it but I don't know what to spray and what not to with the garden hose. Should it be on when I do it?

Also, I have a magnaflow catback dual rear exit exhaust system, and it's loud and nice, but I feel it should be louder and more ballsy. What can I do to make it more ballsy? Would a CAI help?

Thanks for all your help, Doug
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7l
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
BBAUM is on a distinguished road

i have the tuff country torsion keys from suspension connection and for sum reason i feel like it didnt level out the truck. it feels like its the same it was before http://www.ramforumz.com/images/smilies/4-dontknow.gifn. if ur installing the kit urself plan on spending 200-300 dollars no matter what. i did it myself n i did not know that the unloading tool was a certain type of forged c clamp http://www.ramforumz.com/images/smilies/doh.gif. jus the forged c clamp costed 170 but i got express shipping which costed 70 by itself. i bot the tool from readylift and the leveling kit from supension connection for a total price of round 270 or 280 dollars.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
magazine is on a distinguished road

I had an 02 model reg. cab 4x4. I just cranked up my torsion bars a few rounds until it sat nearly level. I personally think they look a little stupid completely level. Also, if you choose to do this, you dont want to go too far or it will be too stiff up front. I think I raised the front up nearly two inches and it drove fine for 120k miles. Just have the front end aligned asap. I'd try it out before buying the keys. You might not mind how it feels. I thought it was fine, a little stiffer but nothing too bad.

Also, I pressure wash mine, just stay away from the electricals and dont spray directly at the wiring or valve covers. Also, run it afterwards until dry. I screwed up big time on one by pressure washing it the night before it dropped below freezing.

Last edited by magazine; 06-11-2010 at 06:10 PM.