DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models > Dodge Ram SS/T - Indy

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about
Default Whats to come...

Hey guys...

been a while since I've been around, but, figured I'd fill you in on my new evil plan.
I have a 1987 Chrysler Conquest that I'm finally become man enough to part with, so, once it sells...the SS/T is getting some attention.

I guess I'll just list the mods to come and post pics along the way. I'm hoping to have her done by the end of June, since I'm driving it up to Pennsylvania to visit family, and, if all goes well, will probably put her in Chrysler's at Carlisle as a show truck

So...for the list, in order of importance:

Ball Joints (needs them badly)
- Whilst doing these, will probably lower it 2" to 3" all the way around (I like the stock rake, just want it lower).
Paint (some nice, new, black with tons of clear and a lot of wetsanding to make her a mile deep). New stripes as well, and they will be continued down the bumper, toneau cover, rear rollpan, and over the spoiler.
Headers (long tube)
3" true dual exhaust, no cats, X-pipe, exiting right where they do now, only with bigger pipe.
Dash Cap (mine is horrible). The front black part is cracked too, but, you still see them in good shape at the yards...so, probably go that route.
Black headlights
(If I can find one, the Nascar style front bumper)

Maybes:
A larger throttle body
A Hughes M1 Intake ($500 is a lot for an intake, though) [maybe drill an Edelbrock same style out for injectors?]
new carpet (mine has some stains).

Its a long list...but, school is out soon, and, I'll have nothing else to do for a month then play with my truck. A buddy of mine paints, and will paint the truck for the cost of paint (he said about $350 for the good stuff). So...she'll hopefully be pretty

I'll keep everyone posted on what gets done and all. I need to sell this car first, but, I have a few potential buyers, and one, very very serious one. So...

will keep you updated

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH

Last edited by strang3majik; 05-05-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 AM

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much, Strang3. Sounds like a great list and I can't wait to see your girl after she gets her new stuff!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM

strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICOVERU View Post
Thank you very much, Strang3. Sounds like a great list and I can't wait to see your girl after she gets her new stuff!
had to fill you guys in...been absent for awhile due to other projects taking my time.

But, instead of just starting the truck and let it idle till it warms up, then shutting it off, (its parked for the time being since the ball joints need replaced)...

Instead of doing that, I decided to take her around the block, and...I forgot how fun she is to drive. And...gotta love that 350 lb/ft tq The little Conquest can't even come close to that...haha.

I dunno really how to explain it...but, its probably the most fun vehicle I own...even more fun then my 80s sports car, yes...haha.

So...she definitley deserves some attention, and, to become my daily once again.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Also...I forgot to mention my potential crazy idea...lol

It may end up losing the 46RE for something a little more.....manual

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Black w/ Silver
Rep:46
Airborn3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Airborn3

Glad to hear you're getting her rolling again. Be sure and post pics as you make progress.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: black w/ silver stripes
Rep:883
98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold98sst is a splendid one to behold

Dude before you replace the carpet buy a can of Tuff Stuff. It's a multi purpose cleaner. It dominates any stain... I promise. Lol. Safe to use throughout the whole truck too.

Alex, 1998 Ram 1500 SS/T. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sst View Post
Dude before you replace the carpet buy a can of Tuff Stuff. It's a multi purpose cleaner. It dominates any stain... I promise. Lol. Safe to use throughout the whole truck too.
Just the other day I tried some industrial carpet cleaner, and it lightened the stain, but didn't completley remove it.

I think if I spent some time scrubbing it'll come out.

My only thing is, though, the carpet has some worn spots that aren't worn through, just aren't as fluffy as it used to be, haha.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:11 AM

Well...what I have done so far since I posted this.....

Ball Joints are done. Now, I need a pitman arm...but, Thursday that'll be done.

I got a new glove box door/ash tray, and a couple other interior pieces that were 10x better than my faded ones.

Also, pulled the seats and carpet out. Scrubbed and pressure washed the carpet, and painted my seat brackets nice and black again...looks great. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Ordered a set of blacked out headlights for when after she's painted

Acquired all my stripes and stickers for the truck after paint (including a silver DODGE sticker for the top of the windshield).

Ordered a set of rear 2" drop shackles. I think I may leave the front end where it is for now.

Also...got a rear sway bar

And I found out something very cool about my truck today. I've always noticed that it is very strong from a dig...tire spinning hard launches are its thing...well...
Stock, my truck came with 3.55:1 gears...along the line, however, someone apparently installed a set of 3.92:1 gears seeing as there is a tag that says so on the rear end.

I was happy to see that...now that mod doesn't need done...haha.

Also...after I get back from my PA trip, I'm planning on getting a set of headers, but, not long tubes. I'm just going to go for a set of shorties. Just looking for a mild performance increase...not looking to spend a bunch.

But...thats the update...will post some pics tomorrow.