DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT BigHorn
Color: Inferno Red/Tan
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
DIVERMAN is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 CC RER alpine questions

ok guys, i have a brand new 2010 CC with the RER alpine 9+sub audio system. so far nice system but the sub sucks.if i could control the sub i think i would be ok. i dont want to loose the NAV and not looking to enter any contests.
so i am thinking about just replaceing the sub with after market 10's and a stand alone amp. and leaving eveything else as is.

so,
can this be done? any thoughts on how?

where is the factory amp located?

also my last truck was a 06 QC. i still have the stuff i pulled out of it.
i.e. 200w amp and 2 10" crossfire subs and a probox. the probox fits from 02 on up QC. and my CC looks to have the same under seat config as the QC. is this the same? will the QC box work in the CC? thanks for your help!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
chad3113 is on a distinguished road

Just picked up my CC Sport today and Im in the same boat bro, love the mids and highs, but the sub is terrible. Funny how the one question I'd like answered has 0 responses lol.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:140
Ruffian11 will become famous soon enoughRuffian11 will become famous soon enough

I'm not one too know about re configuring the system! but as far as i kno all the sites say that preformed boxes for QC's don't work in the CC...not sure why, may be a loose fit? your best bet is to drop it in and see how it fits! hopefully someone can help with your other questions!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
chad3113 is on a distinguished road

Seriously, no one has installed aftermarket subs to the 9 speaker Alpine system?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno on Slate
Rep:44
hpc3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hpc3
Default The sub actually is pretty good if you like musical

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3113 View Post
Seriously, no one has installed aftermarket subs to the 9 speaker Alpine system?
subs and not thumping ones. It is highly content sensitive though. I went through all my speakers this weekend and ended up swaping the two outer dash ones with better Infinity Kappas, left all other drivers as-is. I would have swapped the headliner speakers if there were a snap-in option but they are a non-standard 2.5" so left them alone.

I kind of like the sub, has a better range than my 2008 2500 Quad Cab with the Mopar/Kicker 10" but it doesn't hit as hard at lower volumes. I can see swapping if you want thump though, this one needs strong low-end content to get it moving.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Black Sport Crew Cab
Color: Black
cinccinatti is on a distinguished road

Hello Guys,

Yes it can be done. However. You will have to complete remove the factory sub. You will need the auxilary converter boxes to get the signal and a stand alone amp. You will not have to worry about unhooking factory amp. My buddy own pro box, if you ever heard of it. Pro Box is major in the car audio industry. The box comes pre-loaded with a his line of speaker(10 inch). I put a 1000 watt brutus hercules amp on the sub and it sounds wonderful. You will need to go buy about 70 washers to use as spacers to raise the seats. The install will require to raise the seats for the install. We used the speaker wires running to the rear speakers on the driver side panel located under the seat belt column panel. We tapped in there with aux converter and ran the auxilary wires. We ran the remote to the fuse box under the hood and tapped in for the remote to turn the amp on and off. You will not be able to use the factory sub connection for a signal so do not even attempt. We came to that conclusion when the signal would not come through during our install on my truck. We believe that the signal is only send for the sub up factory sub connection. If you have any other questions and I can help, please ask.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:12
three percent hero is on a distinguished road

I have an 8 inch JL Audio W7 that I'm hoping to put in place of the factory sub. I'm going to swing by my favorite local install place this afternoon and see if they can fiberglass something to make it fit. I'm a little worried that the W7 is too deep and won't fit, even with a custom box. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:12
three percent hero is on a distinguished road

Update: The 8" W7 won't fit. However, a 10" W6V2 will, so I'm gonna sell my W7 and go with the 10W6.