DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

USC Ram, i also live in the East County, El Cajonzone
I guess your up on the hill in Pine Valley area

maybe you should come off the hill & go to see the people near Prospect & Magnolia, Express Performance, almost under the new Hwy 67 & Hwy 52 interchange bridges, talk to the kid back in the corner by the offices, dark hair, about 5' 8", if anyone is modding exhaust for our Rams, he would know. If he isn't at his counter area, he is on the porcelain throne, damn mexican food LOL

I was up in your neck of the woods this morning, I had to meet a sailing yacht at the Golden Acorn at 7:30 am, it was going to Shelter Island

this was 2 snows ago
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Why not get some long tube headers and then some high flow cats?? That would not mess with the emissions of your truck and you will be fine.

Check out Dynatech Headers. They make full kits that have headers and the cats and Y pipe. It is a full kit!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by doz View Post
The o2 sensor for the cats has NOTHING to do with the air/fuel ratio. There are o2s before the cats that do this.
Exactly so what you should do is buy an off-road (no cats) h-pipe/x-pipe or y-pipe if you are going to a single mufler because it will come with bungs prewelded for the rear O2s. Then take your truck to a tuner and get him to turn off the rear sensors so your truck runs in a "closed loop". No check engines lights then.

All the good longtube kits (Kooks, ARH, Dynatech) will come with O2 bungs welded in.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x2
Color: Mineral gray
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
onewheelregulator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
Why not get some long tube headers and then some high flow cats?? That would not mess with the emissions of your truck and you will be fine.

Check out Dynatech Headers. They make full kits that have headers and the cats and Y pipe. It is a full kit!
Dont believe Dynatech makes full kits for 09+ but I could be mistaken
Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:31
USC Ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
USC Ram, i also live in the East County, El Cajonzone
I guess your up on the hill in Pine Valley area

maybe you should come off the hill & go to see the people near Prospect & Magnolia, Express Performance, almost under the new Hwy 67 & Hwy 52 interchange bridges, talk to the kid back in the corner by the offices, dark hair, about 5' 8", if anyone is modding exhaust for our Rams, he would know. If he isn't at his counter area, he is on the porcelain throne, damn mexican food LOL

I was up in your neck of the woods this morning, I had to meet a sailing yacht at the Golden Acorn at 7:30 am, it was going to Shelter Island

this was 2 snows ago
Haha yep that's me lol, thats awesome

I'll give that place a try...also gonna visit that pg trick trucks in el cajon
Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the people at PG, i wanted to buy some things from them, they just stand there & talk to friends about what they did or are going to do on their days off, then they get on the phone & i waited for over 30 minutes to get noticed, i finally walked out.
I have spent less time getting a sales person from the shoe dept. at Walmart, they scatter like flies there, unless you are female wearing a short skirt
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram
Trim Level: SLT,Crew Cab,Ram Box
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
Rep:111
808 KUMA will become famous soon enough808 KUMA will become famous soon enough

I really feel for all you Cali. Rammers and your inability to do the mods you want on your own property. It all started when Jerry was the Gov. you know. Anyway, I have a non-calif. compliant Ram that came that way from the dealer. "Not For Sale in California"
I want to put a set of Shorties on but can't find any for 09/10. When Zoomers was on our site, I even vol'd to let them use my truck if they wanted to come to Hawaii. I don't want to spend a fortune, like $1600 for a complete system. I don't see a need to get rid of the hi-flow cats that are already on and I am already running a cat-back system. "If it sounds to good to be true, it's SPINTECH". They are out of Riverside. If there is any header guys out there that need an 09/10 Ram to use for moch-up, the invitation is open to you too. I can even set you up with a shop owner that has a dyno and mandrel bender.
Custom Grill,Airaid. E-3 plgs. Spintech catbck. Stainless Smittybuilt Nerf's. E-Z gate. Putco mirror cvrs. Fire & Ice LED tailgate strip. LED eng.bay lights. 20" Wheels. Ramheads LED's. Clear LED Tail lights. Fog Lights.15" Night Raider Strobe in lower grill. Chrome Diff. cover. Red brake-calipers. Polished drive shaft. MOPAR Soft Tonneau cover. Stainless pillar post covers. Mopar-Chrome gas cover. Stainless window-sill trim. Clear LED 3rd Brake Light. Mopar Slush-Mats. "Wet-Suit" type seat covers(Red-on-Black) Custom Ram-Strpe on rear fenders.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Ram View Post
Hi all, I've been looking around for headers for my truck. Problem is, I live in california, where messing with cats is a big no-no. I'm trying to find a good set of shorty headers for my truck, but I haven't had any luck. Is this because the companies haven't released headers for the 2010s yet, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
are you looking for perofmance or soundS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefred112 View Post
are the 09's the same engine? I would think that there would be shorty's developed for them. Might have to consider shorty's/mids myself (to replace lt's) and replace my gutted cats for when I get tested next year in Norcal..
YES chef they are teh same motors in almost all aspects

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 07 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: st
Color: silver
Rep:68
moparmike07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 KUMA View Post
I really feel for all you Cali. Rammers and your inability to do the mods you want on your own property. It all started when Jerry was the Gov. you know. Anyway, I have a non-calif. compliant Ram that came that way from the dealer. "Not For Sale in California"
I want to put a set of Shorties on but can't find any for 09/10. When Zoomers was on our site, I even vol'd to let them use my truck if they wanted to come to Hawaii. I don't want to spend a fortune, like $1600 for a complete system. I don't see a need to get rid of the hi-flow cats that are already on and I am already running a cat-back system. "If it sounds to good to be true, it's SPINTECH". They are out of Riverside. If there is any header guys out there that need an 09/10 Ram to use for moch-up, the invitation is open to you too. I can even set you up with a shop owner that has a dyno and mandrel bender.
even tho i hate living in ny because i cant ride my quad damm man living in cal for cars and truck mod is bad. my friend got his turbo srt4 aken away from him there damm why dont u ship them to the next state and pick them up

2007 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 5 percent tint all around 35 percent windshield, ported tb, diablo sport, arh headers, magnaflow dual exhaust, magnaflow y pipe, krc210x cam,nitrous,CNC ported head. 4.56 motive
Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

09/10's are way different motors then the gen 3's (03-08)