DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
studrudd is on a distinguished road
Default Subs

I have been looking at installing JL AUDIO 12w7 in my truck. Two under the back seat and one in the center console. BUT........... I cannot find a center console box or a box for under my back seat that has the depth for 12w7. Does anyone know where I can find a box that will fit. The mounting depth is 9.5" Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

Have you checked Crutchfield's website? They carry a lot of audio equipment.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Wrkinprogress is on a distinguished road

I'm not great on specs, but is there even 9.5" from the bottom of the seat to the bottom of the storage space? I know it's decent sized but not to sure on how deep. If all else fails and you can't find a 9.5" depth box, customize
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

I've only seen one under the seat install of a W7, and they cut the floor so the enclosure could extend deeper.

Lots of work but worth it if you really want that configuration. A blow-through would be mucho easier...
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:12
three percent hero is on a distinguished road

There's virtually no way to put a 12w7 in these trucks unless you just set a box on the back seat. I have a 8w7 that I wanted to install under the back seat of my 2010 ram sport cc, and there's no way to make it work without some cutting and hacking. And the 12w7 is substantially deeper than the 8. I'm selling my 8w7 and picking up 2 10w6v2s as these seem to be the biggest and best option that will actually fit. And even still, it's going to require a custom box build.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red Crystal Pearl/ Silver metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:37
TxHouse is on a distinguished road

Unless your going to do a seat lift, their is no way of fitting a 12w7 under the rear seat. A better option (cheaper too) would be to look up a company called treo engineering and look at their SSp line of subwoofers. 5.75 inches of mounting depth. 1000watts rms and quite possibly the most accurate subs I've ever heard. Probox has a 2 12 inch cutout box that these will fit it. I will be getting one 12 inch SSp very shortly to power the bass in my system. You should really look into that unless you are dead set on JL audio. (Good systems but way too pricey).

BTW I'm comparing these subs to the W7 and W6 from JL. The Focal Utopia's, Diamond D6's. Alpine Type R and X subs, and some from hertz.

Check out their website http://treoonline.com
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM

Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three percent hero View Post
There's virtually no way to put a 12w7 in these trucks unless you just set a box on the back seat. I have a 8w7 that I wanted to install under the back seat of my 2010 ram sport cc, and there's no way to make it work without some cutting and hacking. And the 12w7 is substantially deeper than the 8. I'm selling my 8w7 and picking up 2 10w6v2s as these seem to be the biggest and best option that will actually fit. And even still, it's going to require a custom box build.
Ooooh how much for the 8W7?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:12
three percent hero is on a distinguished road

I actually have a friend who has two 10w6v2s that I'm going to trade him for my 8w7 and jl high output box.