DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: charcoal grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:53
tinniste 079 will become famous soon enough

the truck looks badass man thanks for the pics.. btw what did that cost you and how hard is it to maintain?
i dont see many flat black trucks anmore i see more white with all black details
but im digging matte charcoal grey like they use on the new lambo. i was reading somewhere about the f-bomb camaro and its matte green but they powdercoated the whole car which sounds like a real good idea
Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

The total was $800 but i used someone on CL that had no real overhead. The truck was also prepped at the time and i provided the paint.

I live in a area that has 4 surrounding miles of dirt roads so it is typically dirty all the time.

Being black is hard in itself to keep clean but Satin Black is if a little harder since you need to avoid waxing and buffing. There are paint options out there that provides 2 stage with full clear coat so it allows buffing to scratches that may occur. If you have a single stage then you are going to need to really keep it clean and maybe a cover to protect it from the sun elements. Fingerprints and Grease prints tend to be noticeable.

If i had to do it again i would of gone with Satin Red or Blue just because of how the dirt is much more noticeable on black trucks.

Here is another member here who's truck is actually a flat black. There is a slight difference between Satin and Flat/Matte.

http://www.ramforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/s...00/ppuser/9718

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinniste 079 View Post
the truck looks badass man thanks for the pics.. btw what did that cost you and how hard is it to maintain?
i dont see many flat black trucks anmore i see more white with all black details
but im digging matte charcoal grey like they use on the new lambo. i was reading somewhere about the f-bomb camaro and its matte green but they powdercoated the whole car which sounds like a real good idea

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:39 AM

Trim Level: Hemi
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:109
MS520 will become famous soon enoughMS520 will become famous soon enough

Not feeling the truck at all with the way it looks right now.

IMO, the tail lights need to be smoked even though they are blacked so that it matches with the rest of the truck. The grille and scoop grille look out of place on the truck because it is chrome-ish and there is no chrome on the truck. The hood scoop is maroon and the calipers are red. Something needs to be done about the headlights too because the chrome and amber diffuser does not look good at all.

That's just my opinion and what I see. I think the paint job looks awesome though. The truck needs more work to be done so it is a work in progress so keep it up.

I hope my suggestions can help you.

'04 Ram

"Yea its got a hemi!"
Old 07-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Q/C 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Edition
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:26
Rammin78 is on a distinguished road

It's actually called Industrial Black Primer and when wet sanded and finished properly looks awesome. Many people use this as the base for a "Murdered Out" look. I use to paint my street cars/race cars this way cuz it's cheap and looks great. It is easy to maintain and doesn't wear too much. I personally like the look, but it also depends on what it is being applied to!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 AM

Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Yep she is a working in progress hence the decal Thanks for the suggestions. Your right about the tails. They will be color matched very soon like my old setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS520 View Post
Not feeling the truck at all with the way it looks right now.

IMO, the tail lights need to be smoked even though they are blacked so that it matches with the rest of the truck. The grille and scoop grille look out of place on the truck because it is chrome-ish and there is no chrome on the truck. The hood scoop is maroon and the calipers are red. Something needs to be done about the headlights too because the chrome and amber diffuser does not look good at all.

That's just my opinion and what I see. I think the paint job looks awesome though. The truck needs more work to be done so it is a work in progress so keep it up.

I hope my suggestions can help you.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-18-2010 at 06:24 AM.