DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CrewCab 4x4 Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dawgfan is on a distinguished road
Default Ordering lift for 05 2500

I am weighing my options for my new lift. (05 4x4 QC 2500 CTD) I've read countless discussions on 1500 lift/leveling kits, but not a lot on 2500's so I hope this isn't beating a dead horse. I only want 3"-4" of lift, as this is my tow rig and my DD, so reliability and ride quality are important.
Option 1:
I originally planned to just order a cheap 3" level kit for the front and 1.5" rear block kit, then wrap all four corners in Bilstein 5100's. cost ~$500-550

Option 2:
this kit with progressive rate coils and Bilsteins included for $1100 shipped
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=253320564

I don't think using the cheap leveling spacer type lift along with 5100's would give me a bad ride quality, but I am concerned about the death wobble issue. Will raising the front 3-4" using stock length arms promote the death wobble issue I've heard so much about? I know you would need longer arms for anything over 4", but not sure for under. The other issue with going the cheap route is are these spacers reliable for the weight of a Diesel 2500 and towing?

I know $1100 is on the high side for 3.5" of lift, and I have yet to find anyone running these progressive rate coils, so not sure how good they are, but that sounds like a great kit to me.
So what do you think, go with the cheap kit or the high priced kit? And please remember, this is for a 2500 CTD (heavy) and solid axle, not a 1500. I've had a lot of people offer advise, but they all own 1500's and have no experience with 2500's
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:463
SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

Go for the topguncustomz lift. I'm surprised you don't want to go any higher. Maybe you are trying to keep it practical. You'll notice my truck on their site if you browse it. They make very high quality stuff. The kit you are looking at should not result in death wobble. It is complete with track bar drop bracket and extended control arms so you will be fine. Maybe add the dual steerings stabilizers with matching 5100's further down the road. Your truck will look killer. Post pics. What tire and wheel combo do you plan on running?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUL7ENAZ View Post
Go for the topguncustomz lift. I'm surprised you don't want to go any higher. Maybe you are trying to keep it practical. You'll notice my truck on their site if you browse it. They make very high quality stuff. The kit you are looking at should not result in death wobble. It is complete with track bar drop bracket and extended control arms so you will be fine. Maybe add the dual steerings stabilizers with matching 5100's further down the road. Your truck will look killer. Post pics. What tire and wheel combo do you plan on running?
Yep, just keeping it practical. I would love 8" lift with 20's/40"s. but just not practical for a DD and towing my 7000# Bronco trail rig. One vehicle with 40's is enough! I wasn't worried about death wobble with the TopGun kit, I was worried about it with the cheap kit without the extended control arms.
As far as wheels/tires, nothing crazy. I have a set of 33" AT's and factory wheels on it now, and a near new set of 33-12.50-17 Mud Grapplers just collecting dust. Right now thinking of getting a set of H2 wheels to put the mudgrapplers on, and just swapping back my AT's for long towing trips. Not trying to go too big, just want to make it look a bit tougher
Old 07-19-2010, 05:39 PM

SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

I see. As i mentioned before it would definitley be better to go with the topguncustomz kit. I would not run anything larger than a 2" spacer unless you are going to add the control arms. Once you go past 3" spacer's without arms you will have alignment issues.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
I see. As i mentioned before it would definitley be better to go with the topguncustomz kit. I would not run anything larger than a 2" spacer unless you are going to add the control arms. Once you go past 3" spacer's without arms you will have alignment issues.
Thanks man, thats what I wanted to know
Old 07-20-2010, 03:47 AM

Post pics. I love seeing a truck with the topguncustomz stuff.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Post pics. I love seeing a truck with the topguncustomz stuff.
will do
Old 07-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Jacqson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I am weighing my options for my new lift. (05 4x4 QC 2500 CTD) I've read countless discussions on 1500 lift/leveling kits, but not a lot on 2500's so I hope this isn't beating a dead horse. I only want 3"-4" of lift, as this is my tow rig and my DD, so reliability and ride quality are important.
Option 1:
I originally planned to just order a cheap 3" level kit for the front and 1.5" rear block kit, then wrap all four corners in Bilstein 5100's. cost ~$500-550

Option 2:
this kit with progressive rate coils and Bilsteins included for $1100 shipped
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=253320564

I don't think using the cheap leveling spacer type lift along with 5100's would give me a bad ride quality, but I am concerned about the death wobble issue. Will raising the front 3-4" using stock length arms promote the death wobble issue I've heard so much about? I know you would need longer arms for anything over 4", but not sure for under. The other issue with going the cheap route is are these spacers reliable for the weight of a Diesel 2500 and towing?

I know $1100 is on the high side for 3.5" of lift, and I have yet to find anyone running these progressive rate coils, so not sure how good they are, but that sounds like a great kit to me.
So what do you think, go with the cheap kit or the high priced kit? And please remember, this is for a 2500 CTD (heavy) and solid axle, not a 1500. I've had a lot of people offer advise, but they all own 1500's and have no experience with 2500's
Hands down the best lift kits made for the HD's are made by Carli. He's a little overpriced but IMHO the quality and engineering are second to none.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:54 AM

Carli Makes a good product you cannot go wrong with. Kore is the original brand of progressive rate coil and large shock tower dodge suspension. Carli and Lorenz industries both make a similar product that works just as well. Another lesser known company is Thuren Fabrication owned by Don Thuren. He offers progressive rate coils built to the same specs as the formentioned company's along with beefy towers @ a great price. There is not one Best company. All these company's are of equal quality. It just depends on what you want to do with your truck. If you are leveling go with the above companies. If you want to go huge topguncustomz, rize ind. , and pure performance all make awesome 8" kits. It's all in what you want to do.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

yes, carli has some awesome products. If I had any intention on jumping/racing my truck I'd def go with Carli. But their prices for the smaller lifts/leveling kits are crazy! $825 for 2 leveling springs and 2 shocks... no thanks.