DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
Small Hauler is on a distinguished road
Default 2001 Ram 1500 Sport 4X4 Diff Question

Hey Guys, My Equipment ID Decal in the Glove Box states that I have a DRB 3850 Corp Rear Axle and under that is DSA Axle -Anti Spin Diff. Do I need to use the MOPAR Friction Modifier when I change the Diff Lube? Is Anti-Spin the same as the old Limited Slip? My truck has the Off Road Package.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Yes and yes. You need 4 oz. of additive for the rear diff.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
erm

That's good to know, Randy! I wondered what the corporate ID was on the limited slip and if it needed the friction additive. Cool...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'm not sure that the codes would be the same for your truck, Michael. Did I ever send you the build sheet on yours?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM
erm

Yes, you did. Let's see...

DMES3.73 Axle Ratio
DRWS10.50 Rear Axle
DSAAnti-Spin Differential Rear Axle (ugh..no burnouts...LOL)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Hauler View Post
Hey Guys, My Equipment ID Decal in the Glove Box states that I have a DRB 3850 Corp Rear Axle and under that is DSA Axle -Anti Spin Diff. Do I need to use the MOPAR Friction Modifier when I change the Diff Lube? Is Anti-Spin the same as the old Limited Slip? My truck has the Off Road Package.
A word of advice . Stay on top of servicing the rear diff . Do it every 15,000 miles (it think thats what they recommend) . If you don't the clutch pack will break apart and chew up the bearing cap and housing and maybe even chew up the gear . I'm talking from experience . I'm sure Randy can vouch for that also . My dealer knew exactly what I was talking about when I called them . I thought it was a crock to service it that frequently . Boy was I wrong . $650.00 later for a used rear .