DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
brandon9654's Avatar
brandon9654 brandon9654 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:28
brandon9654 is on a distinguished road
Default

I believe they don't make the tirepaq for the 2002
__________________
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport // 6" Fabtech Suspension Lift // K&N 57-1529 // SuperChips Flaspaq 3865 // Dynomax Single Exhaust // 325/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT // Debadged // LED brake light strip //
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 PM
RamItAll's Avatar
RamItAll RamItAll is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 22
Posts: 526
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 5
Rep:85
RamItAll will become famous soon enough
Default

really? i found one on ebay thats says its compatible? here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...ht_4799wt_1167
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM
DodgieDan DodgieDan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Age: 64
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
DodgieDan is on a distinguished road
Default

Just installed K&N CAI and the chip gets done tomorrow. Will keep you posted on mpg etc.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 AM
brandon9654's Avatar
brandon9654 brandon9654 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:28
brandon9654 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamItAll View Post
really? i found one on ebay thats says its compatible? here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...ht_4799wt_1167
hmm. If I were you I would spent an extra 130$ and get the flashpaq. It does the same thing and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgieDan View Post
Just installed K&N CAI and the chip gets done tomorrow. Will keep you posted on mpg etc.
Thanks man. I am very very interested on your results.
__________________
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport // 6" Fabtech Suspension Lift // K&N 57-1529 // SuperChips Flaspaq 3865 // Dynomax Single Exhaust // 325/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT // Debadged // LED brake light strip //
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2010, 10:49 PM
DodgieDan DodgieDan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Age: 64
Posts: 56
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
DodgieDan is on a distinguished road
Default

Recently installed a Superchip, and K&N CAI, exhaust has been done for awhile on it. The first set of figures as far as mileage goes were not impressive enough to post. But I guess it just need a little time to work the carbon and rest of crap out of the engine. I was getting no better that the equivlant of 13 miles per gallon around town and best on highway was about 16.5. But now that the CAI and superchip have gotten used to thing and my driving style I am get 15.8 around town and 20.4 on the highway. Sorry for all the point 8s and .4s but this is all converted from miles per litre to miles per gallon. Just an added note my truck will break over the 100,000 mile range in about a week or two.

I am reasonable happy at the moment and the big test will come in January when I head south for the winter with my 5th wheel behind the truck. I am not expecting big changes but even 1 or 2 miles per gallon with the trailer on will be a help.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
brandon9654's Avatar
brandon9654 brandon9654 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 166
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:28
brandon9654 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgieDan View Post
Recently installed a Superchip, and K&N CAI, exhaust has been done for awhile on it. The first set of figures as far as mileage goes were not impressive enough to post. But I guess it just need a little time to work the carbon and rest of crap out of the engine. I was getting no better that the equivlant of 13 miles per gallon around town and best on highway was about 16.5. But now that the CAI and superchip have gotten used to thing and my driving style I am get 15.8 around town and 20.4 on the highway. Sorry for all the point 8s and .4s but this is all converted from miles per litre to miles per gallon. Just an added note my truck will break over the 100,000 mile range in about a week or two.

I am reasonable happy at the moment and the big test will come in January when I head south for the winter with my 5th wheel behind the truck. I am not expecting big changes but even 1 or 2 miles per gallon with the trailer on will be a help.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the input!
__________________
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport // 6" Fabtech Suspension Lift // K&N 57-1529 // SuperChips Flaspaq 3865 // Dynomax Single Exhaust // 325/65R18 Kumho Road Venture AT // Debadged // LED brake light strip //
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum