DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
StevoSRT is on a distinguished road

last year at Spring Fest i was able to sit down with a few of the Chrysler exec's and talk about things....

i am REALLY hoping that some rep's from Chrysler and Fiat come out this year so they can tell us what in gods name is going on for real....

I started out as a Ford guy...and came over to Mopar land....but if they dont do some real impressing...real fast....the Charger stays as not much Chrysler is left in it lol...but my next truck is an F350....

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/12/srt-owner-profile-steve-crisalli-white-plains-new-york.html
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Black/Silver stripes
Rep:134
TenneSST will become famous soon enoughTenneSST will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by khahn View Post
Chrysler's problems were not the UAW, they began when Iaccoca (sp?) tagged Eaton as his replacement instead of Lutz (who he didn't like). Eaton then sold us (I'm a retired Chrysler worker) to Daimler. At that time we were in the hunt in terms of quality and styling. Daimler saw us as a cash cow, and to that end, they had us remove content and quality of our vehicles, close down styling, and stop future product development (at least in the car segment) while charging the same price. Eventually this causes problems as the word gets out that your product has poor quality. When that happened, Daimler sold us to Cerberus, who I believe thought they could play the same game as Daimler. They under estimated how badly the germans had hurt us and coupled with the down turn in the economy decided to bail. Chrysler can come back, but Fiat, management, and the workers have to be committed to it.
I've heard more than one Chrysler employee tell the same story. I remember in 1998, almost every Chrysler product was either brand new or about to be replaced except for the trucks and Viper. Chrysler had cash reserves for days.

Another thing I've been told is Daimler charged Chrysler for old technology that was forced on them, but never paid the Chrysler side for technology Daimler used. Daimler never shared their profits with the Chrysler side, but forced Chrysler to give up their profits. There were only a few cases where Chrysler won out. Daimler saw the light when Chrysler wanted to keep the Cummins contract instead of using Mercedes diesel engines.

It really is sad to see how Daimler sucked Chrysler dry. Iacoca and friends saved Chrysler, but Iacoca led to its ruin. I doubt Lutz would have sold Chrysler down the river like Eaton did.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:17
ETRob is on a distinguished road
Default U.S. rep takes issue w/McCain's Slam

The Auto Insider from the Detroit News 18 November 2009:
U.S. rep takes issue with McCain's Chrysler slam
Michigan Congressman Gary Peters, D-Bloomfield Township, on Tuesday challenged Arizona Sen. John McCain's statement that Chrysler Group LLC should never have been bailed out and is unlikely to survive despite receiving about $15 billion in government loans. Peters sent McCain a letter in which the congressman said, "I'd be more than happy to bring you to my district to meet with thousands of Americans who are working hard every day to design new and exciting vehicles and ensure the continued future of the American automobile industry." Peters' letter continued, "hopefully then you might choose to be a partner in the continued success of an industry critically important to our country."
ETRob
Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Charger
Trim Level: Ralleye
Color: bright silver
Rep:11
khahn is on a distinguished road

Yea they milked us in many and imaginative ways, but on a lighter note, when the take over was announced we were working with BMW on a joint venture engine. It was rumored that one of the BMW engineers told one of our engineers "good luck, we're German and even we can't get along with those a**holes".
Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Cant really see it happening myself. There is no way northamerica will leave ford ...sorry to say the only one here. The bail out program i think is a smoke screen to make people think.....something is being done. Ford released its quarter not to long ago and it was good. GM and Dodge wellthats a lil different. I still cant see the big three going to two our one. Im not saying anything bad about any products from outside northamerica but you got to have something that started here.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Rep:17
ETRob is on a distinguished road

Last Updated: November 19. 2009 1:52AM
McCain won't back off slam about Chrysler
Ariz. senator clarifies by saying 'any objective observer' believes automaker will not survive
David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington Bureau
Washington -- Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., on Wednesday didn't back off his contention that Chrysler Group LLC won't survive but acknowledged that some unobjective people might not share his view. While serving as grand marshal of a NASCAR race in Arizona on Sunday, McCain said that if "anybody believes that Chrysler is going to survive, I'd like to meet them." McCain clarified his remarks on Wednesday, saying he meant "any objective observer." "As I am sure you know, I have spent a considerable amount of time in Michigan over the years, and have seen firsthand the great work achieved by the citizens of Michigan. Their perseverance merits praise," he said in a letter to Rep. Gary Peters, D-Bloomfield Township. Peters, a first-term House member who represents Auburn Hills, where Chrysler's headquarters is located, sent McCain a letter Tuesday asking to meet with him and noting he believes Chrysler will survive. "[I] will meet with you at your convenience to discuss the future of Chrysler and the contribution they make to our nation's economy. Better yet, I'd be more than happy to bring you to my district to meet with thousands of Americans who are working hard every day," Peters wrote. "Sen. McCain's campaign slogan was 'Country First.' For some reason, that doesn't seem to extend to supporting American industries," Peters added. "The worst part is not just that Sen. McCain is vocally predicting failure for a great American company that supports millions of jobs across the country -- it's that you get the sense he's rooting for it." McCain has increased his criticism of a $15 billion government bailout of Chrysler in recent months. Former President George W. Bush bailed out Chrysler with a $4 billion loan last December and the Obama administration provided additional funding to restructure the company in bankruptcy. The government turned over 20 percent of the company and control to Fiat SpA. Chrysler has declined to comment on McCain's remarks.

I've grown tired of McCain's "slamming". "Predicting failure" for ANY Great American company...... Hey; my 1969 Oldsmobile 98 2 door Convertible is an example of an "American Failure"? I'll be sure to tell the young kids down at my local grocery store that they are "gawking" over an American Failure.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
aubstjohn1 is on a distinguished road

I have to disagree