DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

I put a set of 6000K HID's in my truck and my ability to see down the road went up at least 2-3 times. The bulbs are the true white (non-tinted) color and help trememdously. I haven't had any flickering issues at all. I do occasionally get flashed but that has more to do with sitting higher than the aiming. And probably the person in the oncoming would flash anyway if I was running the old headlights (with the xenons I'd switched to, to begin with) plus the fogs just to be able to see.

One thing to note is I have the quad lamp system. Two low beam bulbs and two high beam bulbs. I wonder if those with the flickering issues are running the dual lamp system and the combo lo/high (HID/xenon) bulb has anything to do with it?

Give 3B Specialties a call. The thread I linked to goes back a year and you can get all kinds of info from it. They are a forum supporter, their prices are right and they have great service - before and after the sale. Check your owners manual for the number of the conventional bulb you have and I believe they have the HID conversion chart handy on their website. If not they are a phone call away with all of that info.

Finally, you're going to find the choices for complete head and tail light housing replacement are limited for your 2010. I'm in the same boat with my '09. We're still too new for many aftermarket parts. I did find a replacment headlamp housing set from another vendor but they wanted and arm and leg for them. I paid about 1/5 and went with the replacement HID bulbs for now. Maybe in a year or two when aftermarket stuff is more available and therefore less expensive I'll change out but not now.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis
Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie 4x4
Color: Inferno Red / Light Greystone Pearl
Rep:82
Netman66 will become famous soon enough

I simply changed the Highs and Lows to PIAAs and there is a big difference. Much whiter and sharper than the OEM bulbs. Total cost was around $100 tax in.

At some point, when the aftermarket projector assemblies come out, I may go the HID route - but not until a quality set of quad projectors is produced.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Light Graystone
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Simcik is on a distinguished road

Wow - okay, these lights do not suck, they are simply aimed properly.

If you pull up to a wall (the correct way to aim headlights) you will notice that the beams are aimed lower than the lenses sit, this limits how far down the road the lights shine. The lights are very, very bright right in front of you, especially on Low-Beams, but you don't see too far down the road.

All Toyotas and almost all Chevys and Fords, appear to have their brights on at all times, even to other truck drivers! This is because the lights are aimed higher. You see further, but you blind other drivers!!! If you never have to use your High-beams, your lights are not adjusted correctly! There's a reason you have to two settings!

While I'm on my soap box about this, if you've lifted, lowered, or leveled your truck, DO NOT FORGET TO REAIM YOUR HEADLIGHTS!!! Anytime you alter the stance, you also alter the light output.

Now, on another note. I run 5000K HIDs in my stock housings for low beams and fog lights, and love the extra output. They are brighter bulbs, but due to the proper low aim of the Rams lights, they do not blind anyone. So better visability, and no blinded drivers around me. Works great and only cost me $67 and an hour of my time for the install!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Good info there . Thanks .
Old 08-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
5point9 is on a distinguished road
Default Yeah What He Said!

I have a 2010 Sport and my lights are great much better than 3rd gen. I have not been spoiled to HID's yet! But these 4TH gen trucks headlights are way better than my 04
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

hmmm wierd. i have stock and people are constantly flashign me to turn off high beams, but theyre on low. have you tried with your fog lights on?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

i run hid bixenon projectors and they rule. i love em. very bright very nice. even better than bmw/mercedes lights