DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
SvB4EvA is on a distinguished road
Question Mirrors tilt down in reverse?

Any of you guys have this feature? I dont have it on mine, but it shows it as a standard in this sad excuse for a owners manual DVD they gave me. I really liked that feature on my CTS, and now with a big truck it would really be helpful... I just dont see it in my EVIC.

Laramie only?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

I have it on my Laramie. Personally, I hate it and turn it off. I back up a long way and use the mirror to look way back. Can't do that when I'm looking at the ground. It makes no sense to me at all.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:64
tat2dwiseguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geico View Post
I have it on my Laramie. Personally, I hate it and turn it off. I back up a long way and use the mirror to look way back. Can't do that when I'm looking at the ground. It makes no sense to me at all.
It's primarily for parallel parking, so you can see the curb. I had it on my BMW and it was very helpful, allowing me to keep my rims "curb rash" free for the life of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind it on my Ram (don't have it either), but for what it's worth, the curbs have to be pretty big for me to rash my wheels with 35s!
Not to mention, I don't often parallel park my crew cab, but when I do, I found it's not as difficult as you might think for a truck this big!

Wonder what it takes to add this feature after the fact?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:25
SvB4EvA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geico View Post
Unfortunately I dont have a garage any more, or a driveway. I have to parallel park every time I park. Also, I live in NYC, and parking is tight for compact sedans, let alone half-ton pickups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2dwiseguy View Post
It's primarily for parallel parking, so you can see the curb. I had it on my BMW and it was very helpful, allowing me to keep my rims "curb rash" free for the life of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind it on my Ram (don't have it either), but for what it's worth, the curbs have to be pretty big for me to rash my wheels with 35s!
Not to mention, I don't often parallel park my crew cab, but when I do, I found it's not as difficult as you might think for a truck this big!

Wonder what it takes to add this feature after the fact?
Exactly! I agree it would take a big curb to get rash on these wheels, but I also dont like rubbing my sidewalls on the curb either...

I'm also curious what it would take to add the feature... I think its really dumb that it isnt in my truck, it has power mirrors and the EVIC... Whats the big deal?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Its not standards. I know the Laramie has it, but I'm not sure of other models. I do know that if you do not have it, it cannot be turned on by the dealer. I asked last time I was there because someone else here had the same question.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:19
RainmanX is on a distinguished road

I don't care for it. Every time I went in reverse it tilted the mirrors down. I only needed it once a day, but every single reverse it was a pain to move them back.