DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Rep:10
Talayoe is on a distinguished road
Default Seat Heaters

2010 Laramie Crew with front and rear seat heaters. Front steering wheel heater and front a/c'd seats.

Got me to noticing a couple of things in the past week or so since its been getting colder.

1. My steering wheel doesnt seem to be getting as hot as when the truck was new (April this year). Anyone else find this? Ideas of a reason? Can you 'change' the temp of the heater for this some how or is it otherwise controlled by the climate settings?

2. The heated front seats. It only heats in my butt area of the seat and lower back. I find that nice, but at the same time from about mid-thigh to my knee's (on the back of my legs of course) are getting/staying cold. Does everyone elses front seats heat like this? Or are mine buggered? How high up the back do yours heat?

3. My seats heaters in the front arent particularily hot anymore either. Maybe I am climatized to my truck, but the butt warmers used to near make me sweat if I left them on too long and the steering wheel was bordering on burning your hands it used to get so hot.

WTH is going on with my baby?

And, and speaking of my baby... It took its first rock to the windsheild the other day I was extremely, and loudly, upset. Got about a 3/4" diameter 'hole' (not thru) in it just below the rearview mirror on the drivers side. /cry
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2010, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

Here's my thoughts.

1. What is the outside temp now vs the temp in Apr? The colder it is outside the warmer the wheel will feel.

2. The heat/AC only comes out the ventilated part of the seat. One of my issues with those seats and one of the reasons I dumped my Laramie.

3. See #1.

Sorry to hear about the rock chip. Most insurance companies other than State Farm will cover those with no deductible.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-01-2010, 05:22 PM

It may be true that it is slightly warmer then April, but even since then I have turned it on once or twice when the hands get cold and its always been scorching hot... Back then it was prolly in the -5 to 0 range. Right now its about +4 in the morning.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 PM

RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

You haven't put a wheel cover on it by chance have you?
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBeer View Post
You haven't put a wheel cover on it by chance have you?
LOL No...no, no. Just wrong no.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Well, I had to ask.

Here in the states 4C vs -5C or 0C is a huge temp swing with 4C being almost 40F and 0C being 32F.

I'd give it some time and see what happens. You've got warranty on it.