DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

You have lots of potential without doing any heavy modifying. What kind of music do you like?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 ram 1500 quad cab sport
Color: green
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
RAMBOW39 is on a distinguished road

ok in my 99 quad cab , today i desided to take the panel of the rear door and check the speaker. i have the infinity system. the speaker has 4 wires that go to it. also in the door there is a bigger whole allready cut out , im thinking for extra speakers , but i dont know. My thought is can i just get two more stock speakers like what are in the front doors and add the in the rear door? Can i just hook the wires up to the other speaker wires and use the other speaker as well or should i just unhook the smaller speakers and just use the bigger ones? i just want a little better sound from the rear speakers , i like the sound out of the front door speakers, just like to get the same sound out of the rear.

Tom
Old 10-31-2010, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Gold/Silver
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:11
Thetolleyman is on a distinguished road

Thinking of adding an Ipod adapter to my 03 Quad Cab, looks like my factory unit is compatible. It has the MODE and Disc UP button. Anyone have any experience with these adapters, they are all over the net and ebay, ranging from $50 to $150.
[03' Ram, K&N FIPK, Electric fan conversion, Fast Man TB, Superchips tuner, Magnaflow cat-back, 08' intake, 1" body lift, 1.5" coil spacers, 3" lift spindles, 1 1/2" block on rear, rear leaf flip,. [/SIZE]
Old 11-02-2010, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: PX8- Black Clear Coat
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:31
11HEM1 is on a distinguished road
Default 04 2500 Ipod adapter? intall pics?

I have a 04 2500 and Im wanting to add an ipod apater I recently bought this one
Neo Prolink v2 - PODCHR810V2
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Has anyone installed one? If so any suggestions on hiding the cable or a clean install
Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Daytona Edition #363
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:24
DoubleARS is on a distinguished road
Default Alpine SPR-17C in Rear Doors

Howdy Dodge Ram Audio Experts,

I am redoing the audio system in my Truck. Most of the components are starting to float in from UPS and FedEx. It took me awhile to decide on what to get and I'm pretty confident with everything except the rear door speakers. I choose the Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" speakers. Crutchfield says they will not fit but I found several posts around the internet where people said they have used them in the rear doors of their rams.

I took the panel off one of my rear doors and test fit the speaker. It looks like the only issue is that the hole size is just a little too small to fit the full shape of the back of the speaker. The only thing I can think to do is grind it out a little. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers in a ram or with making the hole larger? What would you use? I can borrow a die grinder though I've never used one. I have a dremel tool with a cutting wheel for steel.

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Duster72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
As far as stock systems go, I put it at a soild 9.

Great sound for the average listener, but midbass and highs can be a bit much at times.
Awesome thread/forum.

I have a 2010 crew with the Alpine system. I would agree with your general assessment. I can live with the highs by turning them down in the equalizer and I like the soundstage the 10 speaker system gives me, but I am really frustrated with the muddy midbass and non-existant low end on the system.

I would like to do a simple speaker swap but am concerned it will not fix the problems. What do you guys think? Would just upgrading the door speakers be a significant upgrade? I'm not trying to get the perfect system, I just want this thing to sound as good as some decent computer speakers

What about the sub? It's obviously lacking. Is that a power issue or a sub issue? Could I try a better 8" and amp or do I need to ditch the whole setup and do something like the 10" JL Stealthbox?

I want to keep this looking as factory as possible because this is a company vehicle.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 AM

chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleARS View Post
Howdy Dodge Ram Audio Experts,

I am redoing the audio system in my Truck. Most of the components are starting to float in from UPS and FedEx. It took me awhile to decide on what to get and I'm pretty confident with everything except the rear door speakers. I choose the Alpine SPR-17C 6.5" speakers. Crutchfield says they will not fit but I found several posts around the internet where people said they have used them in the rear doors of their rams.

I took the panel off one of my rear doors and test fit the speaker. It looks like the only issue is that the hole size is just a little too small to fit the full shape of the back of the speaker. The only thing I can think to do is grind it out a little. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers in a ram or with making the hole larger? What would you use? I can borrow a die grinder though I've never used one. I have a dremel tool with a cutting wheel for steel.

Thanks for your help!
The dremel would work good. I used a jigsaw on the front doors of my 2008 with good success. Just make sure to wear safety glasses, them little bits of metal fly everywhere!

Have you thought about a spacer though? Just a simple 1/2" piece of MDF might give you enough clearance to avoid cutting the metal.

Last edited by chithead; 11-03-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster72 View Post
Awesome thread/forum.

I have a 2010 crew with the Alpine system. I would agree with your general assessment. I can live with the highs by turning them down in the equalizer and I like the soundstage the 10 speaker system gives me, but I am really frustrated with the muddy midbass and non-existant low end on the system.

I would like to do a simple speaker swap but am concerned it will not fix the problems. What do you guys think? Would just upgrading the door speakers be a significant upgrade? I'm not trying to get the perfect system, I just want this thing to sound as good as some decent computer speakers

What about the sub? It's obviously lacking. Is that a power issue or a sub issue? Could I try a better 8" and amp or do I need to ditch the whole setup and do something like the 10" JL Stealthbox?

I want to keep this looking as factory as possible because this is a company vehicle.
I am just going to speak strictly from opinion here, and it's based off of the simple routes I've tried with my Ram. Swapping out the speakers actually made the system sound worse... The factory amp is tweaked and tuned to extract the best performance from those cheap speakers, and basically sounds like ass with a quality speaker. The boosts and cuts with the factory eq really add a lot of unwanted timbre and sibilance.

You could start first with upgrading the subwoofer, the JL Stealthbox is a great choice. I believe one of our good members here have one for sale in the classifieds. I've also read of a few installs where other Ram owners swapped out the factory 8" subwoofer for a 10", but it would need to be a ten that likes small enclosures.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Siouxper Trucker is on a distinguished road

First of all I would like to thank you guys for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. I just purchased a new 2010 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew Cab Long Box with the 6 factory speakers in it. Although it sounds decent for a factory radio, I would like to put something better in. I have picked out the components and would like to get your thoughts on the system.

JVC KW-XR810
http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=148&page=1

(4) 6X9 Power Acoustik XP-694K
http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/...IO_SPK_xp.html

(2) 3.5" Polk Audio db351
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB35...51.html?tp=105

(2) 10" Power Acoustik P3-12W
http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/...IO_wof_p3.html

1 Power Acoustik ONV1-2000D and ONV4-1200
http://www.poweracoustik.com/pa2006/...amp_gothic.htm

2002-2010 Dodge Quad cab jumbo poly with Kicker speakers
http://caraudiofactory.com/20022010-...64e843487d17dc

PAC Chrysler Radio Replacement Interface
METRA 95 2009 DOUBLE DIN RADIO DASH INSTALL KIT

Is there anything that I am missing or any suggestions you have? I would greatly appreciate any thoughts you might have.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 AM

I definitely like the Kicker subs and subwoofer box, those Polk dash speakers may work ok. That JVC has some nice features, are you planning to power the four 6x9's off the amp, and the Polks off of the head unit?

I can't offer an honest opinion on the rest though. It's been a long time since I've listened to anything Power Acoustik, and I don't want to blurt out anything negative just because of the name brand.
Closed Thread