DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Forum Polls!

Notices

Dodge Ram Forum Polls! Get Your Vote On!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

View Poll Results: Do you get Flu shots? Why yes or no.
Yep, Every year 36 29.03%
Yep, job requires it. 13 10.48%
Yes, I like needles. 3 2.42%
No, I don't get the flu. 20 16.13%
No, I don't believe they actually work. 39 31.45%
No, I hate needles. 6 4.84%
No, I want sick days! 7 5.65%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:186
bamasport has a spectacular aura aboutbamasport has a spectacular aura about

the army makes me get them every year for every season prone to the flue and every year i get sick after i get them!!! i never got sick before i joined
3.92 rear axle, OEM 20" rims, 20% tint, Mopar wheel-to-wheel side steps, K&N drop-in air filter, LineX bedliner, OEM Tow hooks, Rampage Tailgate Light Bar, Borla Cat Back, 6" BDS lift, 35x12.50x20 Nitto trail grapplers, Custom painted interior, dodge slush mats
JON
Old 11-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

All those shots are not good for you. They have all sorts of crap in them which can lead to health problems. I went to a seminar that a doctor held about all these shots available. The ones for babies when they are new born, this doctor believed they cause handicaps.
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 11-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:84
Chubby Bruiser will become famous soon enough

Get one every year. Never had a problem.
Westin Nerf Bars, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Slush Mats, Chubby Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Bosch Wiper Blades, Weathertech Vent Visors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Reese Tow Package with Anti Sway Bars, B Pillar Black Tape Removed, Mopar Chrome Gas Door, Mods to come - 14 inch Mufflex, CAI, Headers, Michelin Tires, Chrome Bed Rails.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 5.7L
Trim Level: Big Horn Package
Color: Stone White
Rep:50
MTtruckr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPak07 View Post
All those shots are not good for you. They have all sorts of crap in them which can lead to health problems. I went to a seminar that a doctor held about all these shots available. The ones for babies when they are new born, this doctor believed they cause handicaps.
Scat, I really enjoy your input and love what you've done to your truck so this is in no way an attack on you or your opinions.
Flu shots are not bad for you. They are made of flu virions that are killed or weakened so your body can build an immunity to it just like you contacted the live flu virus. This way if you do contact the flu virus your body can respond before getting really sick. You may get deminished flu like symptoms when you get the shot because your body does have to build an immune response to it.
Of course, if you contact a strain of flu that is not of the shot you will get that flu.
And, you do not get the shot to keep yourself from getting sick. You get it to protect others that you could spread the flu to that it may be potentially harmful. This could include small children or your elderly parents.
Do you need to get it, no. But if you are in a place where you could pass it to someone whom it could harm, or are in a job where you are around a lot of people then it may be a good idea.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 1500 Quad 4WD 5.9
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Garnet red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:202
deanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Seen the data on that, and it is very weak. Benefit greatly outweighs the risk.

I work in healthcare with kids. Any one who starts in a peds hospital gets sick alot for about the first 2 years- we call it the kiddie krud. I know a few places that require employees to wear a mask the entire time they work if they don't get the shot.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
As far as the shot, No ****ing Way...I hate needles.

I don't get the flu very often. Back in the day, when we HAD to get one, I got sick every time.

I may get a minor cold now and then. I am interested to see what happens this Fall & Winter since I've stopped smoking. I believe I will not have that lingering sniffle and cough this year.

My motto is: Just Say No To Needles!!!!
Wimp ! lol
Old 11-06-2010, 12:12 AM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I've gotten one every year , for many years . No issues at all .
Old 11-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Sport
Color: Black
Rep:30
oklahemi is on a distinguished road

nope never ever ever
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:84
Chubby Bruiser will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTtruckr View Post
Scat, I really enjoy your input and love what you've done to your truck so this is in no way an attack on you or your opinions.
Flu shots are not bad for you. They are made of flu virions that are killed or weakened so your body can build an immunity to it just like you contacted the live flu virus. This way if you do contact the flu virus your body can respond before getting really sick. You may get deminished flu like symptoms when you get the shot because your body does have to build an immune response to it.
Of course, if you contact a strain of flu that is not of the shot you will get that flu.
And, you do not get the shot to keep yourself from getting sick. You get it to protect others that you could spread the flu to that it may be potentially harmful. This could include small children or your elderly parents.
Do you need to get it, no. But if you are in a place where you could pass it to someone whom it could harm, or are in a job where you are around a lot of people then it may be a good idea.
What he said!!
Westin Nerf Bars, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Mopar Mud Flaps, Mopar Slush Mats, Chubby Antenna, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Bosch Wiper Blades, Weathertech Vent Visors, Mopar Trailer Brake Controller, Reese Tow Package with Anti Sway Bars, B Pillar Black Tape Removed, Mopar Chrome Gas Door, Mods to come - 14 inch Mufflex, CAI, Headers, Michelin Tires, Chrome Bed Rails.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Sport
Color: Black
Rep:30
oklahemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
some infant and childrens shot have mercury in them