DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CallMeClay is on a distinguished road

Hey guys thanks alot for all the responses and feed back!

Well I called the local Dodge dealership and he said I would have to leave the truck there over night to run diagnostics but I wouldnt have a loner so that was a no go. I called the dealership I bought it from because they supposedly fixed the problem before I bought the truck and they want me to bring it in tomorrow and they claim they'll take care of it.

I drove home yesterday after work with it only doing it once then nothing. But driving to work this morning was horrible! It did it over and over and over again. It really trips me out because the truck doesnt seem to be phased by it, it has yet to die because of all this. I also noticed its only on the freeway that it does this. Just cruising around its just fine but once I hit the entrance ramp its starts acting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLRAM View Post
I would be willing to bet it is the PCM,mine and 2 other buddies did that, I had 5 codes by the time i went to the dealer, they swapped it out, and been good ever since. 1 year later
Is this something I could do myself or is a dealer needed for this? The dealership I bought it from is just so far its a pain to go all the way back if I can do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
With messages like "lost communication with front control module", "Implausible Fuel Level Signal Received" and "lost vehicle speed message" as well as the symptoms concerning the ESP/BAS light it sure sounds like a communication problem on the CAN bus. I would do as RAMTech suggested and have it checked out by the dealer. Hopefully it is still under warranty.
Unfortunatly this truck is just out of warranty but like I said, the dealership I got it from is going to fix it or they are getting thier truck back. Is this something I cold do myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
This may sound crazy but my 10 did the exact same thing and it was the brake light switch dealer fixed it n that's what they said
Yours did all of this too? Do you know where the switch is located?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

The switch is mounted to a bracket above the brake pedal. If it were a problem with the brake lamp switch you'd have a code stored for the brake/accelerator pedal correlation.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Oh ok thanks RamTech! I hope they fix this crap cause even with all the problems, I still love this truck haha

I cant find a PCM for a '09 online anywhere. Guess the dealer will have to deal with it. Ill update when I find out whats going on.

Last edited by CallMeClay; 11-09-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 2WD
Trim Level: slt- lonestar
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
BULLRAM will become famous soon enough

The PCM is kinda costly, and it needs to be set for your truck,the PCM is responsible for the emissions also, i would think it is covered, call and ask what the warranty is for the PCM
B. Parts Covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles
If your truck has one of the following parts, this
Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a
period of 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first,
calculated from the start date of the Basic Limited
Warranty as set forth in Section 2.1(E). The covered parts
are:
• catalytic converter; and
• powertrain control module.

Last edited by BULLRAM; 11-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLRAM View Post
The PCM is kinda costly, and it needs to be set for your truck,the PCM is responsible for the emissions also, i would think it is covered, call and ask what the warranty is for the PCM
B. Parts Covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles
If your truck has one of the following parts, this
Federal Emission Warranty covers that part for a
period of 8 years or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first,
calculated from the start date of the Basic Limited
Warranty as set forth in Section 2.1(E). The covered parts
are:
catalytic converter; and
powertrain control module.
Hey thanks for the info, I had no idea about that! I mentioned that to the dealer when I took her in yesterday...they gave me a chevy to drive until shes fixed

Ill be sure to post about what was wrong when I get her back. Thanks again everyone for all the feedback
Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

OKAY! So I got a call this morning from the dealership saying my truck was ready. I went up and got her and all seems great! They even threw in a free spray-in bedliner for all the crap I had to go through It took a couple extra days because I told them to go ahead and do the extras I added on when I bought the truck which was some exterior clear coat crap on the body and windows as well as some protective stuff to the interior. She looks really beautiful now. I will take pictures tomorrow when the sun is up.

So they said it was some loose connections within the fuse box itself. It kinda makes sense because all I had to do was mess with it a little to get the truck up and running but they replaced the whole thing and it seems perfect....for now. Keep your fingers crossed for me plz

Anyways, thanks alot guys for all your input on this matter. I was really uneasy during all this but knowing this community is around makes me feel more comfortable just incase something comes up again.