DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram MPG Zone

Notices

Dodge Ram MPG Zone Discuss your MPG woes and helpful hints here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

better to have posted and asked the question rather than try it on your own and run into problems. the thing with studies is that you can get whatever results you are looking for...it usually depends on who is paying the bill.

welcome to the forum.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: '01 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport with Off-Road
Color: Intense Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:1588
Toms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant futureToms Blue Ram 1500 has a brilliant future

I love Snopes . Good find Sprinter . I wouldn't get caught dead dumping anything in my tank other than fuel or some form of injector cleaner .
Old 11-13-2010, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: 2007 & 2012 Dodge Rams
Trim Level: Sport & Power Wagon
Color: '07 - Brilliant Black, '12- Grey and Black Lower
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:970
ScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to beholdScatPak07 is a splendid one to behold

Those fuel additives work on older vehicles since it cleanes out the injectors and other engine parts. You will not notice anything on a brand new motor. You will just be wasting money. I have to agree with that harsh comment that was made earlier. To think an additive will help your MPGs is pretty bogus.

If you want to add to your fuel mileage then why not do what the rest of us do. Make the truck faster!! If you add mods like an exhaust, headers, programmer and an intake you will notice some MPG increase. You will have to watch your right foot but it does help out! Also an electric fan helps out since it relieves the motor from the fan belt.

Anything that increases the truck air capacity will help your MPGs. Parts that make the motor move easier and freely will also help you out. Keep in mind turbos and superchargers are also supposed to help your MPGs!!!
Interior- Custom Gauge Face, 3 Auto Meter Gauge A-Pillar, 2 Tone Seats, 12" Kicker L7, Focal K2 Components, Dodge Door Sills, Recon LED Map & Dome lights
Exterior- 20" Moto Metal 951, 40" BFG KM2s, N-Fab W2W Black Side Steps, Recon Black Headlights & Tails+3rd Brake Light & Light Bar, Hella 500s, T-Rex X-Metal Black 1pc Grille, Tints All Around, Painted Bushwacker Pocket Flares & Door Handles & Mirrors, LoRider Tonneau Cover, Hornblasters Train Horns, Iron Bull Bumper w/PIAA Fog & Driving Lights
Old 11-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Acetone had many good uses. In the tank of your new Ram.....is not one of them.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 11-14-2010, 02:43 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:35
kiddynamite is on a distinguished road

not worth the possible risk whatsoever...
Old 11-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
deepblue will become famous soon enough

Have heard this many times over the years - glad to see it being laid to rest again.

-cc
Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
look man short and sweet......if the auto manufacturers or the damn government thought this would work your truck would have been born with it......im sorry but this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard someone think about doing a brand new vehicle they intend to keep......give me a break....no i dont care what the studies say....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX View Post
On a side note, Acetone is a very power solvent. It's also entirely possible that some of the people whom are seeing gains are actually just cleaning their fuel injectors and would have seen the same result with any number a reputable fuel injector addatives. I would also suggest that, for the most part, the people willing to dump solvents in their tank based on internet recomendation are probably driving older vehichles in need of a good injector cleaning.

By the way, Acetone will eat through plastic, and to my knowledge all the gen 4 Rams have plastic fuel cells. You will get a sever decrease in milage if you eat your gas tank and dump all the fuel onthe roadway.
Well i do appreciate the replies, sprintertech you need to lighten up bud, I threw something out there, nobody said I added this to my gas lol, wow...,being new to the forum and all, you could've been a little more discreet with you 2 cents
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrieldy View Post
better to have posted and asked the question rather than try it on your own and run into problems. the thing with studies is that you can get whatever results you are looking for...it usually depends on who is paying the bill.

welcome to the forum.
Gabrieldy, thanks for your discreet comment, jesus, you would think I was planning an assasination or something, I have been reading this forum for awhile before joining, and now you would understand why I waited so long to join with comments like sprintertech posted. Anway....
Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterdriver View Post
Well i do appreciate the replies, sprintertech you need to lighten up bud, I threw something out there, nobody said I added this to my gas lol, wow...,being new to the forum and all, you could've been a little more discreet with you 2 cents
Well .. don't let our comments disparage you from posting. I agree the sprintertech's comment may have come off a bit rough, but I think his heart was probably in the right place. I think the harshness was aimed at the myth and not you per say. I hope my comment was not regarded as quite as harsh.

On another note, there are a lot a mean smilies in the bank at the right if you hit more. I'm suprised we don't see more nasty comments with them imbeded. I think in general it speaks to the overall friendly nature of the forum. Do let us scare you away. In the end it's your truck so you can do what you want with it regardless of what we all say. Don't let the rest of us chose for you.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX View Post
Well .. don't let our comments disparage you from posting. I agree the sprintertech's comment may have come off a bit rough, but I think his heart was probably in the right place. I think the harshness was aimed at the myth and not you per say. I hope my comment was not regarded as quite as harsh.

On another note, there are a lot a mean smilies in the bank at the right if you hit more. I'm suprised we don't see more nasty comments with them imbeded. I think in general it speaks to the overall friendly nature of the forum. Do let us scare you away. In the end it's your truck so you can do what you want with it regardless of what we all say. Don't let the rest of us chose for you.
I respect your comments, I didn't take anything to heart, really, I kind of fell onto this information accidently, and just to set the record straight, I'm not going to jeopradize an investment as big as my truck, I more or less was hoping for objective opinions. I guess I was more curious about the properties of acetone, how it claims to help atomize fuel more completely thus producing slightly better fuel economy. I suppose I should have read and researched more before posting. I'm really not dissapointed with the mileaege my truck is getting. Like I said in my original post, I didn't purchase this truck for gas mileage.