DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 05 Ram quad cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: light almond pearl
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:42
ramsport99 is on a distinguished road

Why no pics
Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Well, mainly because the water spots on the glass really didn't show up on my camera phone, so trying to show the difference was pointless.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Not pictures of the glass------pictures of the women!!!!!
Jay
Old 09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:13
Dutch1 is on a distinguished road

I have used clay bar for a few years now.It takes the contaminants off the paint.If you do use a clay bar then the next step is to polish the vehicle.It gets the paint ready for the final step of wax. You will see the difference when you do use the polish..I get my detailing stuff from proper auto care online and they give you all the info on keeping your auto like new and all the accessories you need to purchase to keep it like that....Enjoy....
Old 09-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch1 View Post
I have used clay bar for a few years now.It takes the contaminants off the paint.If you do use a clay bar then the next step is to polish the vehicle.It gets the paint ready for the final step of wax. You will see the difference when you do use the polish..I get my detailing stuff from proper auto care online and they give you all the info on keeping your auto like new and all the accessories you need to purchase to keep it like that....Enjoy....
I should bump this for a few reasons.

First is the fact that the clay bar process is often overlooked. Many complaints about product durability boil down to surface prep. For the enthusiasts who likes to wax their vehicle often, but have never clayed, it would be my first recommendation. Like Dutch said, follow the claying with a polish. Even if you don't have polisher, you can pick up products like scratchX or swirlx which will do a decent job of preping the surface. Autoglym Super Resin Polish will do similar, but also add some protection.

Second is that Proper Auto Care is an excellent source for detailing products. It carries similar products as Autogeek, but is much more customer oriented [in my experience with both]. Truthindetailing is their forum which is loaded with detailing information as well.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: 1500 Lonestar
Color: Brilliant White
Rep:10
ZZCOP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
Ok, so yesterday I was bored and decided to clay bar my truck. This was my first time using a clay bar and I have to say the results were impressive. After waxing the truck, I stood back admiring my handiwork and I noticed the waterspots on the glass that I never could quite get rid of. Then it hit me - why not give it a try? I took the clay bar to the glass on my truck and viola! no more water spots and the windows are now slicker than they've ever been. I finished off the job by removing the residue with Invisible Glass and hit the windshield with coat of Rain-x. Then I moved on to the chrome grille and hit it with the clay bar as well. Same result - a smooth, shiny finish. Who knew?!
Tried it myself yesterday based on your advice. Worked like a charm.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

I'm convinced that the only thing a clay bar won't take off is the clothes of that hot little brunette that works at the bar I was at Friday nite!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

yea clay bar kits are awesome iv tryed them all pretty much and the best one i found that workked on my truck was the turtle wax ice....which one did you end up using?
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014
Trim Level: 1500 Lonestar
Color: Brilliant White
Rep:10
ZZCOP is on a distinguished road

I used the Turtle Wax Ice for the first time ever. It smelled horrible. It was kind of like a solvent based product rather than what I'm used to in a regular wax.
However, there was no white residue left over which was nice. Results were OK but I think I'm going to go with the Meguires NXT or that Gold stuff.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:209
Barnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura aboutBarnyard has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
I'm convinced that the only thing a clay bar won't take off is the clothes of that hot little brunette that works at the bar I was at Friday nite!
You could always give it a try Randy and see what happens!