DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 CrewCab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
tnmopar is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer Recall Problems

Well its been over two week since I was in for the recall on my leather seats, they had to order them and I still haven't heard anything. Going to call monday. The really bad part about this is that I called the dealer told them why I was bringing the truck in and made an appointment for the following week. And of course after an hour drive to get to my "local" dealer they looked at my truck and called me the next day to tell me my truck was ready but that they had to order the seat covers.... Really if they would have told me they had to see the truck before the could order I could have sent them a picture, I can not believe they did not have them already, they knew why I was bringing the truck in and that they didn't have them in stock, but I guess this is becoming a common thing at this dealer, it a small dealership with no competion and on any given day they have more vechiles waiting on service thing they do new and used cars to sell........ So when I find out about my seat covers the truck is also going back for them to check a vibration that is still in my truck this will be the sixth time this year the truck has been in, and yes they looked at it the last time it was there when they had to order my seat covers, they rebalanced my tires and charged me to do that, and the truck still shakes. I wish I new some way of getting it through there heads that they either can't banalce tires or there is something else wrong... Anyway venting love my truck, but tried of having problems with it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: RootBeer
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

With recalls unless it is a "replace all" type there are two steps.

1. Inspect the vehicle for the known possible deficiency and order the parts if needed.
2. Replace the faulty parts.

It is just not possible for the dealer to stock every conceivable part for these recalls, especially something like seat covers that can come in a myriad of colors.

As for the vibration, don't let them balance the tires again. Tell them its already been done and didn't fix the problem.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

if you've been in 6 times for the vibration I'd call chrysler direct and explain it to them. they might be able to get a tech rep sent out. they have a 800 number for problems like this.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Chrysler typically doesn't send out repair parts for more than 20% of vehicles involved in recalls, especially when a particular color or option has to be addressed and these parts are sometimes on national backorder.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

thats nuttin....where im living if you didnt buy your truck there your put on the back burner and i mean way back burner!!!they told me that i needed to get a recall for the manifold bolts and here it is 2 months later and i still havnt herd nothing back from them they dont care about you if you didnt buy from them so for me to get actual good service i have to drive about 4 and a half hours
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
jfroese is on a distinguished road

I had a long wait for my drivers seat cover as well it was over 2 months, it had a tear and this happened before the recall came out. Its all good now. If your covers are still in good shape I wouldnt worry about it as the recall shouldnt expire, get some use out of them and then have them replaced when they fail.
My Ram also has the shake, I've had the tires balanced, replaced with a different brand and balanced twice by different shops and a wheel alignment done with no change. It also pulls to the left when driving and then to the right when braking, going over big bumps like railroad tracks causes the truck to react unpredictably.
Its going into the dealer again tomorrow morning , I hope they find the problem. Right now I cant drive this truck on the highway, its a chore, its scary the way it handles around town even. It used to drive perfectly , smooth like it was on glass , dont know what happened , I baby this truck.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:45 AM

RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
thats nuttin....where im living if you didnt buy your truck there your put on the back burner and i mean way back burner!!!they told me that i needed to get a recall for the manifold bolts and here it is 2 months later and i still havnt herd nothing back from them they dont care about you if you didnt buy from them so for me to get actual good service i have to drive about 4 and a half hours

I'm not surprised about the manifold bolts. They're extremely hard to get because they're on national backorder.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Texas Addition (SLT)
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Whitewolf is on a distinguished road

Guys what's the issue with the recall on the seats. Is it leather only or is cloth seats involved. I have cloth seats and the driver's seat has a distress area. My old dealer told me it was basic wear and tear. I told him yeah but not at 20,000 miles it was not basic.

Whitewolf
Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 AM

The recall only applies to heated/cooled leather seats. If the dealer won't work with you on your seats, call Chrysler cutomer assistance.