DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: R/T Baby!!!
Color: Bright White
Rep:2078
chithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond reputechithead has a reputation beyond repute

Nick at AirRam is good people.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 hemi
Trim Level: st
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
joeyhooker is on a distinguished road
Default hmm backwards muffler?

sounds like its too free flowing, however, I had a issue with a muff shop that put a flowmaster on backwards in a Tacoma I had, I don't remember which but it exact but the specific camber design created a back pressure which was so bad it cracked my exhaust manifold, because of the either pressure or heat. either way, always double check the work they do. I know it sounds dumb because flowmasters have the "flow in" and flow out" stamp but it happens.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 4X4 Crew CAb
Trim Level: LoneStar Rambox
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:74
ghorn will become famous soon enough

There is no such thing as "vacuum" in an exhaust system.
Don't believe me? Pipe a manifold gauge into the exhaust system and start the engine and watch the pressure increase...not create a "vacuum". (Barometric pressure will increase when the engine runs...not decrease.)
However, a venturi-effect can be created with "Y" pipes if they are properly placed. This will never happen with a muffler change alone, however.
The human imagination is a creative thing.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 ram 1500 slt 4.7 flex
Trim Level: slt
Color: blk
Rep:10
gwjimenez is on a distinguished road

I have a problem with back pressure after replacing the stock muffler with a thrush single in..single out 3" i have no idea on how to fix the issue...can anyone lead me on the right direction?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Best advice I can give you is find a good shop that does performance vehicles and they can help you find the proper size exhaust for your truck. I learned this while building my 98 Trans Am. I spent time on the phone with a place that here that does LS1 cars andwhen I installed one of their large cams I had to replace my cracked longbtubes and y pipe. They helped me decide what size long tubes to use between 1 3/4, 1 7/8 and the in between 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8's and a the y pipe is the same regardless and then we talked about my cat back setup that changes from 3" to dual 2.5" pipes over the axle. After I was done I had a car that ran good as well as sounded the way I wanted. For my ram since it is stocki went with a 16" magnaflow welded in place of the stick muffler to get the sound I wanted and can't say I notice and power gains but I can say it didn't lose any and sounds just they way I wanted it. I am good with paint and Body work and swapping out parts but picking the right combo to use I try and find someone knowledgeable in the parts I am swapping out to get what I am looking for the 1st time. I was good with 5.0 mustangs since I had a lot and learned through trial and error with different builds now I try and find someone who has already done it to save some steps.

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:27 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

Put the stock muffler back on,lol.
I put a Magnaflow dual set on mine,and i lost alot of bottom end torque,truck pulls like gang busters after it finally drags itself up to 4,000 rpm,but spin a tire no way.
After 4,000 i like the exhaust's performance,but under that,leaves a whole lot to be desired
I'd thought seriously about putting my stock set-up back on,but i've already changed my rear bumper to the dual exhaust bumper.