DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Towing

Notices

Towing 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Towing Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 ram 2wheel drive
Trim Level: slt/sport (bones)
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:659
bones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to beholdbones64 is a splendid one to behold

Yes she does. I will always tell her to always feel that way as well. She has learned from me and a saying i have told her since she was little. Never say i cant......until you have givin it all you have. Then you can say it.
Edd's : Hemi/ K&N C.A.I BONES Edition / Roll pan/Hood scoop/ Tinted heads,tails,3rd brake/ stereo upgrade/ T.M.D front bumper cover /Painted interior, 5" rear flip.2 inch front drop coils, Painted calipers,Eye brows
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: laramie slt
Color: dark blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
duggerdugger6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remerson228 View Post
That reminds me of the time my ex-g/f pulled a stalled Datsun out of 2+ feet of water with my truck.
that reminds me of the time i walked a mile to a trailer park and knocked on doors till a lady let me borrow her ford van (she went with me) to go pull my buddies datsun 2 door sadan out of a creek. i would guess 3' deep. when we tried to cross the water came over the hood. when it settled in the water, water was coming in through shifter boot. we got it out i took the van by a gas station and then home. tried to start water logged car till battery was dead. guy in tow truck pushed started it with his truck. (no charge) other than the wet carpet can ran and drove just fine.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4X4 Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:2453
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadInfluence View Post
So I'm leaving my boyfriends house last night and making my way down the back roads to go home. All is well, I'm rocking out to 105.7 the X on my radio, and hitting any snow I possibly can, playing.

Well I stop at a stop sign and while looking for oncoming cars I notice a little car sideways in the roing traffic. With being a ex fire squirrel (EMS), my tail fluffs and naturally I have to make sure every things ok. So I drive up, stop behind traffic and jog on up to make sure all is well.

Come to find out a group of kids and their mom in Neon were coming down the road hit some ice and ran into a snow bank, blocking both lanes of traffic. Some lady in a minivan had stopped to make sure all was well and was telling me what had happened.

So knowing how everyone is scared to help people now days I offer to help them, and pull out their car. The mom and kids kinda give me an odd look, I tell them I have a truck and can pull them out. They agree.

Jogging back up to the truck, I hop in and pull behind the Neon. Grabbing my tow hooks I crawl under the Neon hook to the tow hook and hook up to the truck. All the while I can hear one of the kids going "oh my god, this is bad ass, a chicks pulling us out of the snow." Then the mom pipes in with "that's girl power right there".

I pull the truck forward and wa-la the Neon is out of the snow. Hopping back out I unhook the Neon and my truck all while being questioned on how I knew how to do that. I explain I work on auto's, then take my leave.

Was a great ending to a day. I love helping people out. Plus hearing the funny comments as a chick does this stuff it's quite funny
Hey, thats a very nice story indeed. I must share that with my Wife, she is the kind of women who is not afraid to try anything. Thanks for sharing that.
BT CC / Hood Kit, LED Tails, Recon 3rd Brake & Xtreme LightBar, Black Aluminum Side Steps, Leer 700, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, MOPAR Valve Caps, Lighted RAM hitch cover, Front Tow Hooks and Bed Post Hide-a-Hooks, Tints (20% frt, 35% rear and slider), Painted Engine Cover/Brake Calipers, K&N Drop in,OEM Fender Flares/ bug deflector, FM 40, SC Cortex, Oracle H11 LED Heads, 4000k Putco Fogs, LED Interior Lights, Honeycomb Grill, Bilstien 5100's.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 1500 Quad 4WD 5.9
Trim Level: Quad cab
Color: Garnet red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:202
deanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura aboutdeanthecrabman has a spectacular aura about

Nice job. Common sense would seem to dictate that if I give permission for you to pull my a$$ out of ditch, I'm going to take responsibility for the outcome. If I want to sue somebody, I should just wait for the tow truck. Maybe we need to carry liability waivers next to our tow straps, just in case. Always happy to see good hearts in the world!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 AM

Vehicle: 1998 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: deep amythest and silver mist
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
984wdram is on a distinguished road

im always riding around looking for somebody to pull out. i carry a 2 5/8" pintle hook hitch in my toolbox, 2 chains in the bed of my truck, and a longer, thicker chain in my toolbox. that was nice of you to do. u kinda remind me of a chick i know here that drives a jacked up black chevy with a pink pin stripe down the side. cept ur cooler cuz u drive a dodge. durr.