DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHorn 4 Life View Post
I asked my dealer how much it would cost me on getting gears 4.56's and a LSD locker.They told me 5k.I am not doing that.There is noway i would pay them that much for that period.I am looking at 1300.00 at a place that I know will warranty my parts and such.

AGREED!

for some reason the parts are pretty high and 4.56 is not available over the counter.....but i priced the parts and found that the 4.10 ring and pinion set list price is $1200,bearings,crush sleeve,and nut $90(est),trac lok carrier $485 plus labor......im thinking about $2300.....agreed still high but not 5k....hell you could buy a whole new axle for 5k.....

long as the shop you chose has experience cause warranty dont mean crap to me if my chit is always broke or howls like a wolf....
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Briliant Black
Rep:463
BigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of lightBigHorn 4 Life is a glorious beacon of light

Well I found the 4.56 gears i will use and they are Moe's performance.I heared they are very good gears.I wil use the detroit lockers for LSD.The parts are around 1300.00 and the laybor will be 300.00.Everything will be covered under a waranty.I will be doing this come tax time .I will have all my p's and q's in place on everything i get done.I am still looking for the best deals i can find and the best gears I could go with.I will let you guys know what i do and what parts I use.

Here are the links for what I have found so far.
http://moesperformance.com/index.php...oducts_id=1163

http://moesperformance.com/index.php...roducts_id=621

Last edited by BigHorn 4 Life; 12-20-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 PM

Trim Level: ST quad cab 4wd
Color: Red
Rep:10
steve57 is on a distinguished road

In 1962, Chrysler called it Sure-Grip. I paid $2700 for a new '62
Plymouth Savoy Super Stock max-wedge 413. It was a LOT of fun!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:18 AM

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
youd be looking at around $500.....cheap for a job well done thats covered imo
You pretty sure about this because i have 3:55s you think I could get 3:92s for 500? even at 500each for front and rears I think I'd jump on that. I guess right after the xmas break I need to go into the dealer and get the answers. My only real concern is that so far my dealer has been less than "confidance building" with their service so far and that is with the simple things like rust proofing and installing mud flaps properly.
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-21-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
You pretty sure about this because i have 3:55s you think I could get 3:92s for 500? even at 500each for front and rears I think I'd jump on that. I guess right after the xmas break I need to go into the dealer and get the answers. My only real concern is that so far my dealer has been less than "confidance building" with their service so far and that is with the simple things like rust proofing and installing mud flaps properly.

that would be labor only sir......back up a bit and youll see where we discussed parts prices............
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 AM

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
that would be labor only sir......back up a bit and youll see where we discussed parts prices............
gottcha sprintertech, i did read that and then came back and read your recent post and got all excited lol I knew no way was 5 bills going to get er done lol... Thanks for your input tho on this and other threads you help out on much appreciated..
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
gottcha sprintertech, i did read that and then came back and read your recent post and got all excited lol I knew no way was 5 bills going to get er done lol... Thanks for your input tho on this and other threads you help out on much appreciated..

G/L