DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram – 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.2L V8 Specific Topics
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cheap
Color: Multi
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:15
SyntaxNero is on a distinguished road
Default 94 5.2L EFI to Carb question

(Also Posted in the performance section.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=69278 )

I would like to know what parts I will need and a ‘how to’ convert my 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L from the PCM controlled, fuel injected truck it is now into a non electronically controlled, carbureted, mechanically gauged truck I want.

If I convert the truck to a carbureted setup, will it still pass smog?
If not, no worries it’s going to get registered in a different state next year and they don’t have the smog requirements Nevada does.

Yes I know this sounds dumb and I don’t want to get into an online battle of justification for my reasons.
I have been reading a lot of the forums and have yet to see any solid, 100%, ‘this is how it’s done’ information posted.

What intake manifold, carburetor, distributor, fuel pressure regulator, mechanical fuel pump(?)

Will I need a 4 barrel linkage kit? What one?

I see that Mopar Performance and Edelbrock make intake manifolds that accept a 4 barrel carburetor and bolt to the Magnum engine.
Best one to get? Why?

What else am I going to need to make this work?

I want to get rid of all the electrical components I can.

If someone lives close to me (Las Vegas) and would like to trade for the swapped parts let me know. My truck runs just fine and has no issues except my NV3500 5 speed manual transmission is on its last legs. I have what I think is third gear in a zip lock bag in the truck right now…

Thank you ahead of time for your responses and the time you took to pound out an answer for me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

you would be able to get most parts from an earlier year ram including linkage(junk yard)....but there are aftermarket vendors available......same with intake and carb.....but id use the dual plane(favors idle to 5k rpm) intake from mopar and an edelbrock 600 for a daily driver.....no it would no longer meet emissions....im not positive but i think you can still use your distributor and ignition box.....imho this is alot of work for negative returns.....if you have performance issues with your current setup id bet you either have a baffle pan gasket leak or excessive carbon build up on the pistons....G/L
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD