DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep water blue
Rep:401
Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice
Default Throttle response ?? for Ram Tech

I've read a little on the throttle response in the 5.7. My truck take .5 to .75 sec (seat of the pants feeling) to respond when I mash the gas from a stop. From what I've read this is torque management working, so my question is besides buying a predator is there any way to get rid of or minimize this? such as this procedure (or is this just another imagined fix like the steering wheel rotation press and hold the traction control button to totally turn off traction control???)
......Regarding throttle calibration...

I'm not certain if it works on the truck... but I am certain it works on the 5.7
in the challenger....this information from another forum and I can certainly
verify that it DOES make a nice change! It only takes about a minute... give it
a shot on your truck...nothing to lose!

Dodge provides these instructions regarding pedal response...

1. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ON position (do not start the car)
2. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor ... then release.
3. Turn the key to the OFF position.
4. Proceed to start and drive the car.

If your throttle was not calibrated, you should notice an immediate improvement
in throttle response. We noticed a performance increase and a flat or dead spot we
had previously had in the throttle disappeared.

I would just add three things about the throttle recalibration:

After you insert the key and turn to "ON" not start, wait for all the idiot lights
to go out. (Ck Eng Light may remain on).
After you depress the accelerator pedal to the floor, hold it for about a three
second count. (On some PCM versions, CkEngLight may start flashing here)
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending
on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically
due to the computer's adaptive programming.

Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

I'm not Ramtech but I'd double check whether the Predator can adjust Torque Management if that is your reason for buying it.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 12-29-2010, 01:13 AM

Crash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really niceCrash is just really nice

From my reading I've discovered that you can get a custom tune to remove some but not all of the torque management. I have not contacted diablo directly yet to confirm or get a price for this service. but it would be one of the main reasons for me purchasing one
Frt 20%tint,Line-x,Bak-Flip,El T/gate Lock,Box Lights,LED T/gate Bar,Bilsteins,Timbren SES,Chrome Bug Sheild,Putco Vent Visors,Amp Powersteps,HID Lows,Fogs,Volant Cai,Engine Cover Painted&Lit,B Pillar Tape Removed,Weather Tech Mats,Mopar Mud Flaps,Shorty Antenna,SRT 22s,Diablo Trinity
Old 12-31-2010, 01:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:10
jdlatil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
From my reading I've discovered that you can get a custom tune to remove some but not all of the torque management. I have not contacted diablo directly yet to confirm or get a price for this service. but it would be one of the main reasons for me purchasing one
Superchips can control the torque management. Really have not had time to play with it yet.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlatil View Post
Superchips can control the torque management. Really have not had time to play with it yet.
Thanks for that info I did not know this. I guess I need to do some reading on the superchips before deciding on a programmer. I am not going to buy on before spring anyway, I feel that a tune would be a waste of power for winter around here.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

There's no way that I'm aware of to turn off any torque management functions without the use of a tuner.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTech View Post
There's no way that I'm aware of to turn off any torque management functions without the use of a tuner.
Thanks for the clarrification Ramtech. This is what I thoght but just wanted to get it from an authority on the subject, there is a lot of good info on the net but sometimes being sure what is good info and BS is hard know which is which!