DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
brusk is on a distinguished road
Default what Predator tune settings did people end up with

I'm curious to see what settings other people had tuned or found to work on their predator for fuel and timing increases. I've currently got intake, headers, no cats and exhaust I'm told thats about a 10% increase in the mid and slightly less down low and high. I'm getting it tuned this week but want it close to where it needs until then and hopefully get it closer before it hits the dyno. Hold up right now is figuring a catch can so I don't have a bunch of useless short term knocks when I'm watching everything. And when I'm done I'll be posting all my pics and settings.
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
erm

Just get an idea of your air fuel ratio before you add or delete fuel. I suspect with the intake, headers and no cat that you may be running a bit lean but you'll need an A/F reading to determine that.

If you are getting it tuned on a dyno, it would be a good idea to set your shift points about 200 rpm below each max HP or torque it achieves in each gear under WOT. Obviously watch for knock retard as well.

Good luck with the tuning.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:26
brusk is on a distinguished road

Yeah I'm familiar with all that and have experience back in the day with other tuners but trying to get a ball park of what other people ended up with. Say 3 people chime in using 93 octane and they ended up with 5 degrees timing advance on the high end I have an idea where to start with so I'm not wasting money on dyno time or chancing getting tickets while doing 0-80 runs on one of the few straight aways around here. Again it would be cool to see what people end up with to see how crazy or convertive some of the tuners are being.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
erm

I'm pretty sure most folks have just gone with the canned tunes, which is what I have done. When I get to a cam, head work, headers and high flow cats on the truck I'll do something more than the canned tunes.

Not the case with my SRT though. It got a full CMR tune on the dyno last spring.