DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Briliant Black Crystal Pearl/Light Greystone
Rep:39
xopt1js is on a distinguished road
Default Calling all black trucks!!!!!!

OK guys, think I have found the setup I want to go with now just have to choose the rims.

I'm not sure if I want black with machined or chrome or what

Looking for pics of black truck with after market rims.

If you could also put your lift or level if any, the model of rim and tire specs that would be appreciated.

I have the black 2 tone with the gray Laramie so if you have the same paint scheme even better, if not all black trucks will do.

Thanks in advance
Mopar Chrome Side Steps, 3.92's, Moonroof, Nav/Alpine, Tow Package, Under Rail Bedliner, Extang Trifecta, BT Catch Can, 20% Tint, Mopar All Weather Mats, Tinted Window Deflectors, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Afe Stage II CAI w/ Pre Filter, Black MGP Caliper Covers, Black Stubby Antenna, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Mopar Power Tailgate Lock, 20" Chrome SRT-10 Replica's with 33" Terra Grapplers
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of

If you post a good quality pic of your truck and some wheel options you're considering, I'll bet they can be photoshopped onto your Ram. We have an expert.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Old 01-13-2011, 09:26 PM

Rep:1625
City Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant futureCity Slicker has a brilliant future

I posted a bunch of pictures here:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=55192

a couple more here:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...53&postcount=2
Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3272
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I find that on black trucks, if you have all black rims, you lose the rim in all the blackness; the machined parts make the rim stand out and give defenition to the truck.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

i will say stay away from black rims but thats just my personal opinion cuz i HATE black rims with a passion
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Briliant Black Crystal Pearl/Light Greystone
Rep:39
xopt1js is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I find that on black trucks, if you have all black rims, you lose the rim in all the blackness; the machined parts make the rim stand out and give defenition to the truck.
Thats what I thought, especially with the machined look of the gray 2 tone I have.

Mind you, I have a fair amount of chrome too so I thought that might look better as well

Will try and get a good pic once I clean the snow off
Mopar Chrome Side Steps, 3.92's, Moonroof, Nav/Alpine, Tow Package, Under Rail Bedliner, Extang Trifecta, BT Catch Can, 20% Tint, Mopar All Weather Mats, Tinted Window Deflectors, Mopar Chrome Bug Deflector, Afe Stage II CAI w/ Pre Filter, Black MGP Caliper Covers, Black Stubby Antenna, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Mopar Power Tailgate Lock, 20" Chrome SRT-10 Replica's with 33" Terra Grapplers
Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:138
Bodydoc2002 will become famous soon enoughBodydoc2002 will become famous soon enough

Chrome with Black...Just my taste... http://www.americanracing.com/browse_atx.asp

http://www.ramforumz.com/picture.php...pictureid=1005 Picture
2009 2WD Ram 1500. 7 inch CST Lift. 35 inch Mickey Thompson BAJA ATV. 20 inch ATX Artillery wheels. TOFF Spray in Bed liner. N-Fab 6 step Nerf Bars. BushWacker Pocket/Painted Fender Flairs. Diablosport Predator. K&N CAI 77 Series. 180 Thermostat. LED Tailgate lights.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Definitely go with chrome. Black just doesn't look good on black trucks, and chrome just pops when the black paint is shining. I know my truck isn't the same generation but here's mine:

Helo Maxx 6
17x9 with 285/70/17's
leveling kit installed

Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:147
FormerGorilla will become famous soon enoughFormerGorilla will become famous soon enough

My truck's not black, but I think my wheels would look nice on a black truck. Definitely go with an accented wheel if you go black though... just my 2 cents...

(and the front of mine is raised 1.4" courtesy of Bilstein 5100's...)

My wheels thread:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=64010
MODS LIST! -- 20% Tint, Curt Rec. Hitch, Slimline Toolbox, Huskyliner mats, Huskyliner Mud guards, 18" Gear Wheels, 33" Hankook ATM Tires, Bilstein 5100's at 1.4", Ported Foxbox w/2 10" Polk Subs & JL 500W Amp, Mufflex 24" Exhaust, Tow Hooks, Dominator II Step Bars, GatorHyde Spray-In Bedliner
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 AM
erm

Some black mixed with some chrome or machined aluminum looks good on a black truck. My truck isn't black but here's what I am talking about on the wheels: