DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega
Rep:104
rgnbull1227 will become famous soon enoughrgnbull1227 will become famous soon enough
Default Genral Grabber AT 2 on 6" Lift

What are some opinions on these tires for my truck? They have great reviews. Anyone with a lift have these on? Any pics?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
erm

What size are you thinking of going with? 35's? 37's? I had as set of Generals on another truck and they gave me good service although I prefer Toyos just because I get more mileage on them

You ran us through this same exercise with A/T tires on a 6" lift a day or so ago.

It's about time you picked a lift and a tire, don't you think?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega
Rep:104
rgnbull1227 will become famous soon enoughrgnbull1227 will become famous soon enough

QUOTE=MADDOG;416312]What size are you thinking of going with? 35's? 37's? I had as set of Generals on another truck and they gave me good service although I prefer Toyos just because I get more mileage on them

You ran us through this same exercise with A/T tires on a 6" lift a day or so ago.

It's about time you picked a lift and a tire, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

I already have the lift. I also already have Toyo Open Country M/T 37X13.5X17 on this truck now. Pretty Noisy tire. I just bought this truck and do not do any offroading, but I do drive a good amount in the Snow and lots of highway miles, so my reason for these questions is that I am trying to figure a good A/T Tire, that gets good mileage, not too noisy, good in snow and will look good on this truck. Being that this is my first Pick-up and I am very green when it comes to M/T A/T Tires, I want good opinions before I plunk down $1500+ bucks on a set of rubber. I want to make sure I explore my options as best I can. I see that the Generals have good reviews, an aggressive look for a A/T and also has a 60,000 mile warranty which I do not think the others have. Sorry if I am posting to much about the same issue, I am just trying to make the right choice.
Thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Da Beast1.JPG (73.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Da Beast 2.JPG (85.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Da Beast 4.JPG (96.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Da Beast 5.JPG (98.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Da Beast 6.JPG (108.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Da Beast 3.JPG (97.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by rgnbull1227; 01-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: '03 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:44
Rammin is on a distinguished road

Love that truck man....well done!

For AT's I've run the Nittos, BFGs and the Big O tires. I ran all of them in Colorado with varying conditions and they all did really well. The BFGs are by far the best all around in my opinion but they are a boring choice just because they are so common.

On your truck a Nitto Terra Grappler, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ or Pro Comp Extreme All-terrain would look great and function for everything you need. The General Grabbers would look good to and seem to have all the options you want.

Last edited by Rammin; 01-18-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:463
SUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of lightSUL7ENAZ is a glorious beacon of light

I like the grabber (baja proven one). Not a huge fan of the grabber at^2. I like toyo open country a/t's nitto terra's and procomp extreme at's for all terrains. All of them are tied for the best in my opinion. So just go with the one with best price.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of

I never thought my Toyos were loud, you must just not know how loud some tires can get. If you are going to go with a A/T tire, I would get the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 11 2500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:14
tbeaton is on a distinguished road

throw the at2 out the window because they don't make a 37. bfg is expensive and suck in snow and wet weather. nitto and toyo are the same tires essentially so its all abotu the look. i don't know what size wheels you have or if thats a 2500 or 1500 but you can try the kumho at. i have it as my winter tires in a 35 and love them so far. hankook has a nice at. the procomp extreme at is very nice. it all depends on the size wheel and tire you want. i research this daily and read as many reviews on tires. you are limited in larger tires and e ratings. if you only need d there are way more choices. if you like the mickey t atz you will like the dick cepek fcii, same company. coopers atr is nice and goodyears duratrac has the look and the wet/snow performance.
11 deep water blue 2500 big horn, 5.7 hemi, 4.10 gears, 6" bds short arm lift, 20x9 -12 offset kmc hoss black wheels, 37x12.5x20 nitto trails, n fab cab length nerf bars, banks muffler w/ lou's custom tubing, pocket flares, top gun customz dual steering stabilizer, mission sled deck.