DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:637
sk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to allsk8noregon is a name known to all

Meguiars for me ! Although I don't use a pressure washer except on the undercarriage. It's held up really well for me and I use their products on the inside also and they smell great !
Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

Dodger--Do you have any pictures of your truck after you have used their products? At the prices they advertise I assume they also send someone to do the waxing for you. LOL
Jay
Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
Dodger--Do you have any pictures of your truck after you have used their products? At the prices they advertise I assume they also send someone to do the waxing for you. LOL
Jay
From what I understand Chemicals Guys have great soaps, but their products are created for them by a chemical company that creates many other company's products. I'm curious to know about their polishes and cleaners and even waxes, as I know they are not the first choice of professionals and enthusiasts alike. Although, everyones personal experiences are different than others opinions and maybe Chemical Guys is worth it. I would love to try CGWG, and CGVRT but have not been in need of either product.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I've never heard of them or even read anything about their products on autopia, autogeek or any other publication or site---pictures look good but of course their the ones that published them ---LOL
Jay
Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
I've never heard of them or even read anything about their products on autopia, autogeek or any other publication or site---pictures look good but of course their the ones that published them ---LOL
Jay
To be honest, seeing a really shiny good looking car has almost nothing to do with the wax or sealant you use. It is all in the preparation including the cleaning, claying, polishing, and refining prior to the protection.

CG has has very popular washes called Citrus Wash and Gloss, or Citrus Wash and Clear. Other than that, there are better polishes and cleaners on the market and subjectively better waxes or sealants.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (5.2L)
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:12
Dodger98 is on a distinguished road

yea guys i got a few pics of my truck after a good cleaning....

i know they are expensive, but dont think they are like autozone stuff where you got to put it on every other month to keep it looking nice, i used 2 coats of jet seal and 2 coats of petes 53 on my black truck, still beads water like i did it yesterday, i did the wax about last june, so its been on for a while

if you want to see pics i can send them to your email, i can seem to post them on here for some reason......

fyi- this is only my opinion, if you like what you use, stay with it, but if your getting serious about keeping a nice looking vehicle, try chemical guys out, you can get just about every product they have in a bulk size for a decent price

(if you order, make sure you get the air freshener "smell of success" you will love it)

send me a email if you want to see pics of my truck

scotts2887@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
tjcin is on a distinguished road

I agree about Chemical Guys. I use Pete's 53. Goes on easy, it's very soft for a paste wax, and comes off easy. You can apply it to the entire truck and then go around and take it off. I also have the XXX wax they sell. It's less expensive , but dry harder than Pete's and you can only do 1/2 the truck before taking it off. One question to ask regarding wax is, what percent of the tub is actually carnuba. They probably all use pure carnuba, but it is cut with oils and things to allow it to be spread. The actual % of wax is a good indicator of quality. Pete's 53 is just that 53% and hard core XXX is around 47%. Do a search, I'll bet Maguiars isn't near that high. I used to use Meg's, but this Pete's blows it out of the water.