DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '08 Caliber & '09 Nitro
Trim Level: SXT CRD 2.0 / 2.8
Color: Stone White / Brilliant Black
Rep:426
LYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really nice
Exclamation Did you know this ?

A friend sent me this article... I think it is really interesting so I want to share it with you all:

"And we have American citizens wanting the Big Three Auto Makers to go bankrupt and cost 1.3 million jobs lost to the American people.
All these people say how proud they are to be an American while driving their Honda, Nissan, or Toyota and then have the nerve to say let the American Auto companies go under. When all the jobs are gone and these people start crying because their jobs are now gone, tell them to go out and eat their foreign cars.
I've had enough, let's tell these people we all need to work together to save America and it's jobs, buy an American Big Three Auto.
Chrysler, Ford and GM's contributions to U.S. 9/11/01

An interesting commentary

You might find this of interest:

"CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Chrysler, Ford and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington.

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing. ...

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001

12. I suzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing.

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website .

Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States . It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention... "
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: '08 Caliber & '09 Nitro
Trim Level: SXT CRD 2.0 / 2.8
Color: Stone White / Brilliant Black
Rep:426
LYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really niceLYC79 is just really nice

ops sorry ... just had a denial from Caliber side:

Foreign Auto Manufacturers Are Not Donating to Victims of the Attack on America Despite Record Sales in the U.S.-Fiction!

Summary of eRumor:
This message says that although U.S. car manufacturers have donated generously to the victims of the Attack on America, the foreign car makers have not. Some versions of the message say the originator surfed the internet and checked out each company’s website to assemble the list. The eRumor closes with the suggestion that if you’re going to buy a car, buy American.
The Truth:
The donation picture could change as time goes by so these figures should not be taken as the final accounting, but they do clearly demonstrate that foreign car makers are helping the victims of 9/11. FORD Motor Company
$1 million to the Red Cross. A pledge to match employee donations. $550,000 from the Ford Facilities and Dealer groups. $1 million from the UAW’s Ford National Programs unit.

General Motors
$1 million to the Red Cross. Sixty vehicles donated to relief effort. A pledge to match all employee donations.

Daimler Chrysler
$10 million to support the children of victims of the attacks. Additional fund raising among employees.

Harley Davidson
$1 million donation. Thirty new motorcycles for the New York police.

Volkswagen
$2 million to create a foundation for giving to relief activities. Twenty-five vans given to the New York Fire department.

Hyundai
$300,000 in donations. Audi
$100,000 to New York firefighters.

BMW
$1 million to the American Red Cross. One-hundred motorcycles to NYPD and 10 SUVs.

Daewoo
Owned by General Motors, so a part of GM's activities. Fiat
Partners with GM and does not sell cars in the U.S. Honda
Nearly $1 million to the American Red Cross. An employee donation program. Eight ATV’s to NYPD. Twenty electrical generators to the Red Cross.

Isuzu
Employee and company donation program in both the U.S. and Japan.

Nissan
$1 million split between the Red Cross and the Twin Towers fund. Also matching employee donations.

Porsche
Devoting portions of funds collected from several fund-raising projects.

Subaru
$532,000 to the American Red Cross.

Suzuki
Matching employee donations. Has given 25 all-terrain vehicles and five SUVs.has donated 25 all-terrain vehicles and five four-wheel-drive SUVs,

Toyota
$1 million to the American Red Cross. Matching employee contributions. More than $800,000 from American affiliates.

Sources:
Audi America
Ford Motor Company
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough
Red face

Well even with all that beign said I still feel that we all should do our part for America. The sad thing is that Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, BMW, all have manufacturing plants in the US- - - - -> NOT MEXICO, that are employing our American workers. There is allot of debate on all sites about this and all I can say is that the Big 3 have been kinda set in there ways for the past 30+ years and that has cost them in the long run. Do I want to see the Big 3 go under = NO. The reason why is that there are millions of familys that will suffer from this and that is WRONG. This is America and by God we need to step up and take care of our own people. Money that is flowing into other countries should come to a minnimum. Food aid does not need to stop, but we need to make sure that the children and elders in America are fed. There is allot of things that could change and I feel we will see change in the next 10 years. So, buy American made when ever possible. Cars, trucks, cloths, toys, etc......... Rant over
Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:23
07HEMI is on a distinguished road

If the supply chain is effected buy one of the big 3 it will effect all the car makers here and overseas. Tier 3 suppliers make the parts from scratch for all of them and send to there respected Tier 2 that assembles them and send to Ford GM Chrysler Toyota Honda Nissan for final assembly.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2008 1500 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2008-2008 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:114
RLRambler will become famous soon enoughRLRambler will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to RLRambler Send a message via Skype™ to RLRambler

I think there needs to be a complete re-structuring of the 'Big Three', from the top to the bottom! The 'Bigwigs' shouldn't have been paid massive bonuses when the companies were struggling and (I hate saying this, because I know what people are going to say!) the 'Factory Floor Workers' will have to take a cut in pay and only get bonuses for quality and sales, not quantity!
How ridiculous was it for two of the heads of the 'Big Three' going to Washington in Lear Jets, whilst saying their companies needed money or they would go bust?
Paying anything from $30,000 and upwards for a truck is ridiculous. Some people in this country didn't pay much more than that for their houses a couple of years ago and with the housing slump, won't be paying much more now!

Les.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Trim Level: Touring
Color: Satin Jade Metallic
Rep:317
300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough300 Addict is a jewel in the rough

I still prefer to support our domestic market..very sad to see where it's going right now!