DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
seabass is on a distinguished road

so let me get this straigt....the bilstein shock upgrade is actually a "leveling kit"...been wanting to get the nose of my ram up in the air but want to do an actual lift....
Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
seabass is on a distinguished road

sorry for the typing error meant to say DONT want to do an actual lift kit...got a set of twins and they are hard enough to get in the truck the way it is....
Old 02-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones06 View Post
I'll have to find it again, but I read that they are limited lifetime warranty. I went with the 5100 for the adjustable fronts, and the heavy duty are not adjustable. I will have to check out your tire thread, I definitely need some better gripping tires than my stock ones.

Thanks man, I am thinking the same thing as you with the wheel well differences. I also think it has to do with the shape difference of the front flares vs the back. I did set the fronts struts at the highest setting. Either way I am totally happy with the ride and height of the truck, they take bumps and corners so much nicer. If I was to do it over again, I would just pay to have them installed, it was a bitch to do. But I know not everyone has the extra cash to pay for install. If there wouldn't have been issues with the bolts being seized, a snapped tip on the one old strut, and the way we did the first front one it would have been much easier.
If you need them for the ride height, then go for them. Although, I read that on here from another memeber. Yes the shocks are adjustable, have a different paint and model, but in reality they are the same shocks. And I said yours don't come with the same warranty, because the same user said "off-road" shocks don't come with full warranties because they are OFF-Road use.

Hopefully I read wrong, because the finish on those is sweet compared to the yellow.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI

Last edited by sullivan; 02-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SLT 4X4
Color: Red
ramrat is on a distinguished road

I like the truck and I will still probably do the Bilstein's for the ride quality but.....It doesn't look leveled to me. There isn't really a change in look. Will it still fit a larger tire without rub?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
NJcountryboy is on a distinguished road
Default Very nice...

The white Ram is exactly what I want my black 2007 to look like. Any chance you can post more pictures of it? I myself have been trying to decide on tires and this really helped me figure out the look I want...

Can't wait to get them on the truck...
Old 02-22-2011, 12:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram sport 4x4
Trim Level: sport
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:99
heffs03mach1 will become famous soon enough

you should check craigslist for a set of good used nittos or something. i have founf some very low mileage good shape tires on there very cheap. some people buy them and dont like them then turn around and sell them real cheap. just saying! btw it is not very level and you need a bigger set of tires under there to look right. once you get the tires the truck will look great even without completely leveling the truck.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffs03mach1 View Post
you should check craigslist for a set of good used nittos or something. i have founf some very low mileage good shape tires on there very cheap. some people buy them and dont like them then turn around and sell them real cheap. just saying! btw it is not very level and you need a bigger set of tires under there to look right. once you get the tires the truck will look great even without completely leveling the truck.
I am going to get some better pics on a more level area when this latest batch of snow/ice melt. Last week we were at 60 degrees and I was parked in a pretty level spot. The truck looked pretty level there, I measured and the front was just under a half inch lower than the rear. Either way I'm ok with it, I mainly did it for more height and the ability to add bigger tires. I definitely agree with you on the bigger tires, it looks kind of strange with those big flares on and no rubber under them.

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels