DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: WS
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:103
panhead will become famous soon enoughpanhead will become famous soon enough

Seriously. Was it really poor visibility? Were you off-roading? If no is the answer, pay the fine. No need to run more than a set of fog lights. Figure out how switch both to the same switch but not on at the sametime or just take a set off. It annoys the hell outta me when a car creeps up that looks like a big spot light in my rear view mirror.

Not being rude but just giving my .02.

I am completely disgusted every time I think about having to take a distributor cap off of one of these trucks -Screamintrashcan
Old 02-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, i hate it when the police do the job they are paid to do. F&^cking cops always giving people tickets just breaking the law...laws are stupid anyways, why do we even have them?

Any "stupid" law on the books is there because someone did something "stupid" that requires enforcement of said law...like driving around blinding people with improperly aimed behind the grill daylighters on the highway. Were conditions so bad that necessitated high powered lamps?

I would not recommend the "ignorance" card in court. It is overused and pisses judges off. Ignorance is not an excuse to violate vehicle code or any other law. The lawyer method is probably the best approach. Your argument about auxiliary lighting is also invalid because irregardless of any other vehicle code,"the duty to display code" trumps all over exceptions. Just because another section says you may have auxiliary lights, you still may not operate more then 4 forward facing white lights at any time for any reason on a public roadway.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice

I wonder why cops don't suck when they are helping people at an accident scene or go out looking for a lost child in the rain or snow or catch someone breaking into your house trying to steal everything you hold dear. If you don't agree with the ticket, thats what court is for--hire a lawyer, pay him twice what the ticket would cost you if you just paid it and fight it, thats your right. Just my .02!
Jay
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brillian black
Rep:75
PorkChop will become famous soon enough

hmmm never heard of this before....sorry for your luck
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:869
jcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to beholdjcasey10 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
Yeah, i hate it when the police do the job they are paid to do. F&^cking cops always giving people tickets just breaking the law...laws are stupid anyways, why do we even have them?

Any "stupid" law on the books is there because someone did something "stupid" that requires enforcement of said law...like driving around blinding people with improperly aimed behind the grill daylighters on the highway. Were conditions so bad that necessitated high powered lamps?

I would not recommend the "ignorance" card in court. It is overused and pisses judges off. Ignorance is not an excuse to violate vehicle code or any other law. The lawyer method is probably the best approach. Your argument about auxiliary lighting is also invalid because irregardless of any other vehicle code,"the duty to display code" trumps all over exceptions. Just because another section says you may have auxiliary lights, you still may not operate more then 4 forward facing white lights at any time for any reason on a public roadway.
X2! Very well put.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:37
inkdemon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to inkdemon Send a message via Yahoo to inkdemon

I don't think anyone is saying cops are stupid enforcing the law,and you guys being law enforcement or what have ya seem preety smug in the answers. THE fact is if he knew he was breaking the law and did it shame on jhim. But I have nor I'm sure most have even heard of this law. Just like the laws in states on cell phones, I sure as hell see cops riding and bs'n on their cells. So let's not get the hair up. If the guy didn't know the ordinance and wasn't acting likje s douche, the officer COULD have explained it and gave a warning. My .02
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Rep:5
sinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdemon View Post
I don't think anyone is saying cops are stupid enforcing the law,and you guys being law enforcement or what have ya seem preety smug in the answers. THE fact is if he knew he was breaking the law and did it shame on jhim. But I have nor I'm sure most have even heard of this law. Just like the laws in states on cell phones, I sure as hell see cops riding and bs'n on their cells. So let's not get the hair up. If the guy didn't know the ordinance and wasn't acting likje s douche, the officer COULD have explained it and gave a warning. My .02
Like most vehicle codes, the police are exempt from them while conducting official business, which we use our cell phones most of the time. Who are you to judge and ASSume that police are BSing and not obtaining information about crime in progress that they are in response to? I use my cell phone about 2-3 hours a day for official business including talking to dispatch to keep the radio clear for priority traffic, talking to victims about their loss/injuries/suspect information, talking to my partners obtaining or giving advice about a particular call, talking to suspects and attempting to set them up or persuade them to give up, talking to my boss, etc...

And yeah, we give LOTS of warnings. Something things I won't give warnings for. Stuff like blinding me with off road lights while on the highway would be an example of that.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: WS
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:103
panhead will become famous soon enoughpanhead will become famous soon enough

Should of looked at your state laws before adding bunch-o lights on your truck. Why should the cop babysit you on what and what you can't do?

I am completely disgusted every time I think about having to take a distributor cap off of one of these trucks -Screamintrashcan
Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BigThirsty is on a distinguished road

Must have been some nasty weather that night to need to be running 6 forward facing lights....
Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 09 Ram 5.7 Hemi 4x4, 3.55
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star,
Color: Lt. Graystone Prl
Rep:40
Bearwhiz is on a distinguished road

I've seen it too many times that people add lights to the front of their vehicles and pay no attention to how they are aimed and whether or not they are blinding other people. If you blind me, I write you. Oh yeah, don't blow that damn train horn at me either.