DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:70
steelreign will become famous soon enough

For about $775 you can get a good set of 5" Raptor Oval Nerf Bars and an Access Tonneau Cover.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmcmahon View Post
I am considering budgeting about $1,000 dollars for those " yeh - i'll get that when i have some extra cash " mods

Obviously, with the gas crunch we are experiencing, i wouldn't be against spending a few bucks to increase my MPG.

Would a cold air intake or Diablo Predator be better for squeezing out some extra mpg? or both?

What are some of the good brand names as far as CAI go?

The one thing i do want to do, which will eat up half my budget is line-x for the bed. Has anybody had success color matching the line-x instead of standard black? i have a mineral gray sport, and think I'd like to keep the solid gray color going. does color matched line-x work as well, or is it just painted on top of the black and the color will flake off?

thanks!

-alec
A CAI nowadays is rarely going to net you any MPG. Sorry, but this is a mod that is generally going to help with W.O.T., looks, and sound not really MPG. The tuner is a different story. I'd definitely get that and expect a small bump in MPG but a larger bump in drivability.
The Line-X? Spring for the Dupont treatment as it will not fade and you can pick your color. I chose black due to my rig's color. With my 3500 I went with standard Line-X a few years ago and it looks chalky black now. Still in great shape, just does not look new and fresh like my 1500. It's worth a few C-notes more IMHO since it will still look great if/when you go to sell it. Not much extra to pay when you think about the long haul.
Have fun spending!

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

If you want mpg's get smaller gears and small light rims and tires. Trust me cai, exhaust, and tunes wont get you more mpg's its just a marketing tool. If you want performance then yes go for it. With the mods i have i cut my mpgs in half. I average about 12 mpg's thats on an 87 tune, but i cant help how i drive so thats the main reason. I didnt buy my mods to do 10 miles slower than the speed limit to maximize my mileage i wanted the reverse.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 03-02-2011 at 06:17 PM.