DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:48
1BadassHemi is on a distinguished road

I wash my 06 Ram truck twice a week. I use Meguires quick wax every time I wash. I also wax it once a month. I live in Ohio so I have the risk for rust!! I had a 1997 Chevy Silverado with 267,000 miles, and did the samething with that truck and I NEVER had any rust on that truck!! Not even on the cab corners!! There is such thing as TOO much, but i think my routine is a good one!! But I dont think that I even compare to Kleeeen!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:276
Leadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the roughLeadfootluke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadassHemi View Post
I wash my 06 Ram truck twice a week. I use Meguires quick wax every time I wash. I also wax it once a month. I live in Ohio so I have the risk for rust!! I had a 1997 Chevy Silverado with 267,000 miles, and did the samething with that truck and I NEVER had any rust on that truck!! Not even on the cab corners!! There is such thing as TOO much, but i think my routine is a good one!! But I dont think that I even compare to Kleeeen!!
Nope, you don't compare to Kleeeen, because you actually drive your vehicle

There is something to say about keeping your paint maintained, and high mileage vehicles with no rust are a testament to it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: DODGE RAM 2006 SLT QUAD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: INFERNO RED
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
HODAMAL is on a distinguished road

Had my dodge ram for 5 years and never polish it. Coming from south florida you can get a envirmental coating buffed into paint at dealer when you buy , cost about $500 .you dont get scratch marks from cloths never gets dull looks like new paint ,had it on my black mustang convert and never saw a mark on it .only thing you have to do is put a cleaner on itabout evey 5 years to take buildup from washing
Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 4x4 Sport
Rep:0
Kleeeen is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^that would drive me nuts not being able to polish wax her. I have been slacking lately on the Hemi. She is 5 1/2 months old and I have a mere 25 coats on her. I am driving it approx 30 miles per week lately so I am a happy camper. Hemi 5000 miles 25 coats (200 miles or 320 kilometers) the Black Mamba 1600 miles 207 coats (every 7.72947 miles or 12.36715) kilometers. Still given'r lol
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 2500 4X4
Trim Level: ST
Color: WHITE
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:21
gtfloyd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeen View Post
^^^that would drive me nuts not being able to polish wax her. I have been slacking lately on the Hemi. She is 5 1/2 months old and I have a mere 25 coats on her. I am driving it approx 30 miles per week lately so I am a happy camper. Hemi 5000 miles 25 coats (200 miles or 320 kilometers) the Black Mamba 1600 miles 207 coats (every 7.72947 miles or 12.36715) kilometers. Still given'r lol
I dont wanna sound like a jerk or anything but you do have one of the two fastest production mustangs ever built. The other being a Rouch Blackjack. Why own it if you only drive an average of 7.7 miles before you clean it? If I had a car like that I would blow the doors off everyone every time I got in. I have an 06 BMW K1200S and I wax/polish/dust the bike weekly but I drive the hell out of it when I decide to ride. I hope you blow the dust out of that exhaust every once and a while.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
JHamilton will become famous soon enough

I've had my truck for 7 weeks. I've washed it 9 times and polished once. I'm pretty anal.

I actually didn't realize this section of the forum existed, so I'll be dropping by more often!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:05 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about

My wife thinks I'm a clean freak. I wash my truck once at least sometimes twice and clean the inside completely every 2 weeks approx. Husky liners are great for protecting the carpet but I'll shampoo the edges once the mud is gone. I just got it last fall and I waxed it when I got it. Then I ran through some road tar and had to wash the truck down both sides with engine shampoo to get the tar off. Sooo. I had to wax the sides again. Now I feel after the winter the sides are a bit rough again so I'll wash the stuff of that I can with the engine shampoo then claybar / wax it. Not till the roads clean up though. I also need to go around and polish the small marks that have accumulated over the winter. A couple need wetsanding but no too many. I love my black truck but she's alot of work.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 AM

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkman View Post
My wife thinks I'm a clean freak. I wash my truck once at least sometimes twice and clean the inside completely every 2 weeks approx. Husky liners are great for protecting the carpet but I'll shampoo the edges once the mud is gone. I just got it last fall and I waxed it when I got it. Then I ran through some road tar and had to wash the truck down both sides with engine shampoo to get the tar off. Sooo. I had to wax the sides again. Now I feel after the winter the sides are a bit rough again so I'll wash the stuff of that I can with the engine shampoo then claybar / wax it. Not till the roads clean up though. I also need to go around and polish the small marks that have accumulated over the winter. A couple need wetsanding but no too many. I love my black truck but she's alot of work.
I hear ya...I hate Utah sometimes (all the time really)....black ram and the wife has her black charger..../sigh
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff