DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel


Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM
sprintertech's Avatar
sprintertech sprintertech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NEW ORLEANS,LA.
Age: 41
Posts: 402
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road
Default Info for the cummins guys/gals

Dodge announced today that they will be releasing the HO version of the 6.7 making 800lb-ft of competition killing torque......and the tow capacity will also go up to 22,700lbs......which easily eclipses the comp i think.....
__________________
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 PM
CdnoilRAM's Avatar
CdnoilRAM CdnoilRAM is offline
I push the skinny pedal


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 17,003
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 20
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Default

__________________
Sponsored by Bully's Performance
Green Mamba '09 Ram 1500 QCRB 4x4 Sport - dropped, blown, and bottle fed
Kurtis
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Stangshcky12 Stangshcky12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Age: 24
Posts: 2,118
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep Power: 0
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about
Default

had to match fords 6.7
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 PM
SnowChief SnowChief is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 200
Gender: Male
Vehicle: Ram 2500 SLT Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:147
SnowChief will become famous soon enoughSnowChief will become famous soon enough
Default

Thanks for the information regarding the upcoming Cummins capablities.

You are right that 22k maximum towing, at this time, would be greater than anything GM or Ford offers in their 2011 3500 and F350, respectively. If memory serves me right, GM and Ford max out 5th wheel towing both at around 21k lbs. I believe Ram is now at about 17.5k lbs. I do not recall what each truck has for conventional towing. Nice to know in any event that Dodge sees the need to keep-up since trailers and campers, for example, are starting to weigh more than in previous years given medium duty trucks have higher capablities now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 PM
sprintertech's Avatar
sprintertech sprintertech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NEW ORLEANS,LA.
Age: 41
Posts: 402
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowChief View Post
Thanks for the information regarding the upcoming Cummins capablities.

You are right that 22k maximum towing, at this time, would be greater than anything GM or Ford offers in their 2011 3500 and F350, respectively. If memory serves me right, GM and Ford max out 5th wheel towing both at around 21k lbs. I believe Ram is now at about 17.5k lbs. I do not recall what each truck has for conventional towing. Nice to know in any event that Dodge sees the need to keep-up since trailers and campers, for example, are starting to weigh more than in previous years given medium duty trucks have higher capablities now.
all ratings for towing are standardized now.....the interesting thing is rams towing capacity all around went up without any changes......

and fords torque output is estimated.....
__________________
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM
rsg1963's Avatar
rsg1963 rsg1963 is offline
Old & glad of it.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, California
Posts: 419
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
Dodge announced today that they will be releasing the HO version of the 6.7 making 800lb-ft of competition killing torque......and the tow capacity will also go up to 22,700lbs......which easily eclipses the comp i think.....
Now if they would just mate these Cummins beauties to an Allison 6 or 7 spd auto tranny. Oh baby. FTW!!! My tranny has always been the weakest link in my nearly perfect truck. I even went and looked at Chevy because of their trannies. But 15 minutes later me and my wife were like..."um....nokay". Sticking with Dodge, but a better tranny (have I mentioned that yet?)
__________________

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
sprintertech's Avatar
sprintertech sprintertech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NEW ORLEANS,LA.
Age: 41
Posts: 402
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
Now if they would just mate these Cummins beauties to an Allison 6 or 7 spd auto tranny. Oh baby. FTW!!! My tranny has always been the weakest link in my nearly perfect truck. I even went and looked at Chevy because of their trannies. But 15 minutes later me and my wife were like..."um....nokay". Sticking with Dodge, but a better tranny (have I mentioned that yet?)

well the good news for you is that trans concerns are almost non-existent for a couple years now and just for the record.......that allison in the chevy's is no match for the Aisin trans in the cab and chassis trucks......
__________________
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
rsg1963's Avatar
rsg1963 rsg1963 is offline
Old & glad of it.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Bay Area, California
Posts: 419
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep Power: 0
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
well the good news for you is that trans concerns are almost non-existent for a couple years now and just for the record.......that allison in the chevy's is no match for the Aisin trans in the cab and chassis trucks......
Good to know about the newer trannies sprintertech. If the Cab and Chassis trannies are better than the Alison, then why are they not making them avail on all HD Diesel models? That does not seem like smart marketing. (Maybe a mileage/emissions thing?) The Alison is avail on ANY Diesel Chevy offers. Grumble...

Side thought: I am surprised Aisin makes a good HD auto or manual tranny at all. They made junk ones for Jeeps for years, and that's all I've ever associated them with. I suppose I have to give them another shot (if they ever make it into regular Diesels Rams)
__________________

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
sprintertech's Avatar
sprintertech sprintertech is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NEW ORLEANS,LA.
Age: 41
Posts: 402
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsg1963 View Post
Good to know about the newer trannies sprintertech. If the Cab and Chassis trannies are better than the Alison, then why are they not making them avail on all HD Diesel models? That does not seem like smart marketing. (Maybe a mileage/emissions thing?) The Alison is avail on ANY Diesel Chevy offers. Grumble...

Side thought: I am surprised Aisin makes a good HD auto or manual tranny at all. They made junk ones for Jeeps for years, and that's all I've ever associated them with. I suppose I have to give them another shot (if they ever make it into regular Diesels Rams)
different company....that was Aisin Warner......same Aisin but Aisin is now its own entity and produces more transmissions than all of GM combined.......

as for why its not in the 2500/3500 pick ups....it would be overkill in those.....the current 68RFE in the 2500/3500's is pretty bullet proof....
__________________
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buying a cummins...need tech help asap! dirtsurferus Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel 15 02-15-2011 09:56 AM
Amazed at what Dodge & Cummins don't know RIVER PILOT Dodge Ram General Discussion 4 02-09-2011 10:08 AM
'10 Ram 2500 Cummins Speedo reset FxdGrMind 2010 Dodge Ram Forum 2 11-21-2010 01:52 PM
12V Cummins info please? BIG Z Dodge Ram General Discussion 6 11-13-2009 01:07 AM
1992 Dodge Ram w/ Cummins diesel Tranny options? Russ Bellinis Cummins Diesel Specific Topics 2 06-11-2009 02:55 PM


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum