DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:299
KennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the roughKennyPowers is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRam11 View Post
Um...Powers..if I was a lady, I wouldn't drive it. This thread was for issues with the truck...hence my posts.
And? I posted a quick fix for those concerned with the sun visor. There are lots of women on here that drive rams.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 TRX4 CREW
Color: Silver/Grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
charv66 is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 Ram 1500 Driver Side Mirror!

Someone clipped my driver side mirror and the glass broke. Called Chrysler, you cannot just replace the glass (which is an easy pop in install) on the driver side. You must by the whole damn assembly (over $200). If it was the passenger side mirror glass, then you can just order the glass. What's up with that????
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

So far (2300 miles), 1) front end right side wobble and pulling to the right. Dealership (I bought from) did front end alignment, twice. Still pulled and had wobble. Didn't give them another chance due to their attitude towards me. Second dealership, third front end alignment, driver side camber was out and alignment came in. 2) Dashboard mount cover (1 on each side up by windshield) keeps popping up. Orig dealership said they replaced and it popped back up again. Second dealer replaced and it's staying down. 3) Driver side mirror wobbles while driving. Passenger side is steady/firm. Second dealer (my go to dealership now) has a whole new mirror assembly on order. 4) While stopped in gear, RPM drops to 500 and feels sluggish as it idles that low. Sometimes it'll drop to 450 with headlights dimming then abruptly pop back up to 650-700. The dealer says it may need a PCM "relearn" but that may not help and "could be normal". Their fix from corporate also states to "check the trannny fluid for proper level". Me and the Service Manager are scratching heads on that one. The idle RPM issue is not to my liking and I'm gonna press them on this. I'm thinking MAIP sensor or something. Had a few trucks in the past yrs and seems to me I changed some sensor one time for this idle issue.
My issue isn't with the dealerships now, it's the "quality" of the truck they built. It ain't a "lemon" by the laws definition but I shoulda picked better numbers when it came to this VIN!! For a "New" vehicle, I guess I just expect better.

Last edited by Quiet Lunatic; 12-17-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Metallic Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
918Dodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRam11 View Post
My issue isn't with the dealerships now, it's the "quality" of the truck they built. It ain't a "lemon" by the laws definition but I shoulda picked better numbers when it came to this VIN!! For a "New" vehicle, I guess I just expect better.
I have a rule when buying new vehicles... I don't buy the first year of a new model (2009 in the Ram's case), and I dont buy a model year for the first 6 months of that year. (Just a thing of mine that makes me feel better bout kinks and small issues)

Sounds like you have a dealership that needs to be reported to the appropritate people ( if thats possible )

2010 Ram1500/SLT/RCSB/+Hemi
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
dominictaylor is on a distinguished road

Well if the japs can get the sun visor right on my 12,000 buck yaris then dodge should be able to do it on a 40,000 buck truck. My 04 1500 visor is bad and there is no excuse on a new 1500 ram