DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:93
lwalston will become famous soon enough
Default Gps

I have mine hard wired in under the console, It also has the built in charger

Les
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash_5.jpg (131.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2982.JPG (117.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2983.JPG (110.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: lighter than black, darker than white
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Guinnessboy is on a distinguished road

i dont have pics but will post some tomorrow if somebody wants to see......i have the sport interior with the center console as well.....i have a garmin nuvi and believe it or not i found a way to lodge the mounting cup in the hole that is normally occupied by the 4wd knob ( yes i have 2wd) it wedges in their very clean and when the gps is attached to the holder it practically sits flush to the dash just to the left of the fan blower knob....just enough room to angle it towards the driver and slightly up. its in there pretty good and never had fallen out. I run the power cord along the drivers seat side of the console to the rear power plus at the back of the center console. Very very clean.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: True Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
BDM218 is on a distinguished road

Guinnessboy- I forgot about the outlet in the rear. If I find a cupholder mount, then I could run mine down the passenger side seat and plug it in in the back. I thought about putting it in the cupholder earlier, but I didn't think I would get good reception. Maybe I'll have to look for a longer power cord and a cup holder mount.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport (HEMI)
Trim Level: Sport (HEMI)
Color: White
Rep:60
Bighert3rd will become famous soon enough

I mounted my GPS right above the stereo. I took out the little tray that's above the stereo and made my own mount and attached it to this tray, then just snapped the tray back into place. It's actually very stable and does not move at all. The power cable I just ran over to the glove box and inside the glove box I put it through a small hole and then ran it under the console and up through the other tray that's next to the shifter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAV1.jpg (124.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg NAV2.jpg (128.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 03-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I've got a Magellan that I mount to the windshield just to the left and below the rear view mirror (on the rare occasion that I need it),

For power I ran an extension cable from the rear outlet that runs along the bottom of the center console (mostly tucked under the lower edge) to up under my dash. From there I have a Y adapter where I've plugged in another extension cord that I ran under the dash to the left where it connects to the cord from my radar detector that comes down the a pillar, and a 3rd extension cord that runs to the right under the dash (that was fun to route) and up into my lower glove box.

When I need/ want to use my GPS I'll slip it into the mount, and then plug it in to the spot that I created in the glove box. I'll then try to route the wires where they're out of the way, gathering the excess into the glove box, where I'll wrap 'em up with a twisty tie. It keeps things nice and neat.

It's kind of dark out now, but I'll try to get a couple of pics of my set up a lil later

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
armycanuck is on a distinguished road

I also mount my Garmin to the drivers side vertical silver trim on the center console, right on the top where it is mostly flat. It does take some trial and error but as long as you mount it using a little surface cleaner or water, it will stay.

Try putting the suction cup on as far back and to the right you can on the flat area, it should work fine.

I only have mine plugged in when i use it and then it's just a straight line down to the AC lighter outlet. I sheep shank the cable to the proper length so there is no extra dangle.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: True Blue Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
BDM218 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies and pictures. It's given me a few new ideas. I'll probably try a few this weekend!!!