DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need advice on buying new ram

Hi all I'm looking at buying a new ram 1500 CC 4x4 big horn. My question is what is a good price to pay.
The truck I'm looking at has:
chrome clad wheels
buckets seats
remote start
HEMI (of course)
32 gallon fuel tank
430 media center- NON nav
and receiver hitch.
The msrp comes out to 41830. I've worked dealer down to 32k. I can't seem to pull trigger cause I keep thinking I can get someone down to 30k on this truck, which is really where I would like to be.
What do you all think? Is this a good deal or should I keep working them? I live in Kansas if that helps at all.
Thanks in advance.

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

9K off isn't too bad. Look at www.edmunds.com to get a good price point.
Also drop by the Newbie section and introduce yourself, when you get the new truck we love photos.

A big hello and a warm Carolina welcome. You'll enjoy the site and hopefully find answers in all the right places!

Last edited by RedRam10; 03-16-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
erm

That's not a bad reduction. Are they offering any other incentives, such as lifetime oil changes or other services?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram RC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:71
Get Bit will become famous soon enough

When I buy new, I work from the invoice +/- of what that they paid. If they are a full disclosure state (KS) they should show you what they paid for the truck. Even if you pay below invoice the dealer is still making money on other ways with their hold back from the manufacture, kickbacks if you finance through them, spend money on un-needed items such as undercarriage and wheel protection, extended warranty, etc.

You should be able to spec out the truck based on vin or build options and see what they have in it. Then it gives you some more knowledge and negotiating power.