DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: 1500 Big horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Adam302 is on a distinguished road
Default what to do?

Well I bought my new ram a few weeks ago love it. Once I got tuck home and off show room floor I saw a mark on dash right above the Dodge logo. I called sales man and he looked at it and said that a kid drew o. It in the show room and whatever they usedto cleanoff messed it up. The interior Guy there worked on it yesterday did an ok job but it is still obvious that something was there. Its a smoother texture now than rest of dash and a little bit lighter. I emailed sales Guy and pretty much said I want a new dash. Any one think it will happen?
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x2
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jsims006 is on a distinguished road

I have two smiliar "showroom truck" problems with my truck. I have a 2" scratch down the passenger door, right in the middle. There was also a dent in the bed. They buffed the scratch but it basically looks the same, and a "paintless dent removal" guy fixed the bed dent. I was pretty impressed by the results, except for the fact that he missed the first appointment and broke the end cap of the bed rail, which the dealership is replacing. They offered to repaint the door but there is no way I'm gonna deal with a mismatched brand new truck with 60 miles on it

I did not notice either when I picked it up for delivery... took the scrutinzing eye of my girlfriend to point it out. She also pointed out the "chrome clad" is just a plastic hubcap that is glued on

I did get one hell of a deal though, so I suppose I just need to be happy with that
Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

If they were aware of the mark before it left the dealer and you press your point, I'm sure they'll replace the dash...I just hate to have the dealer touch anything..not to put them down but nothing is like the original install done at the factory.

And I also agree on the paint thing....polish it as best you can and if you can live with it...do so. The last thing you want is a respray in my opinion.

And the chrome clad is something that took me by surprise on my first back in 2005 but your going to find that if you put one coat of wax on them they hold up very good with very little additional care.

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.

Last edited by RedDodge; 03-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
erm

This should be on the dealer.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Blue
Rep:71
Krpto1973 will become famous soon enough

If your worried about that scratch, get them to repaint it. Bought my wifes new SUV and she pointed out some chips in the hood before we left the dealer. They had to repaint the whole hood and it looks perfect. No differences in paint color, hue, shade, whatever. Any paint guy thats worth anything should be able to do that. Especially on a new vehicle, since they are not faded by the sun yet.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

If your going to have something sprayed, new is the time to do it.
My brohter bought a Mustang GT/CS that had a drip on the front bumper and the dealer didnt even think twice about fixing it.
He and I both detailed cars for a few years and were trained to do pre-auction vehicle inspections(paint work, replaced panels etc.) and neither of us had any issues with the resprayed bumper
Old 03-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 97 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:55
Ram15002ndgen will become famous soon enough

When we bought my wife's old Accord back in 97, Honda was stupid enough to put a airbag sticker on the dash. Well, the glue was toooo much and messed up the dash when the prep guy removed the sticker. I fought with the dealer because at first they did the same thing. Touched it up with some paint but it looked like crap. Finally got them to replace the dash. I would press it if I were you, specially since they already admitted it was their fault. The hard part would have been if they had blamed you for it.