DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Blue
Rep:71
Krpto1973 will become famous soon enough
Default Seats and Carpet Removal Question

I am trying to prepare for my complete audio installation (about 2 weeks away) and I am laying out my plans and came across a question about the seats.

Since I am doing a complete audio system (components in the doors, dash speakers, subs under the rear seats, amps under both front seats, and headrest monitors) I want to take apart the entire interior so that I can run all the wires proplery, instead of just snaking them around.

I thought I read somewhere else, that if I disconnect the seats without disconnecting the battery, I might cause the EVIC to throw some sort of code. I have no problem disconnecting the battery, but I may want to reconnect to test stuff, and the seats will still be removed. Will this cause me some sort of problem.

Also, is there anythign special I need to know about removing the carpet once I have the rest of the seats out?

If there are any techy guys out there that have been through this, or know anything about it, I would love the information.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM
Trim Level: QC SLT 2WD
Color: Almond Pearl, Blacked Out
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:65
RAMING IT will become famous soon enough

Well removing the seats prior to installation is a wise choice.You probably gona have to remove some moldings to get the carpet off so carefuly and gently pull those delicate molding clips off, last thing you need is a broken clip and no way of putting the molding back on. As for the seats not connected and possibly throwing a coded when testing stuff..... I say ohwell just reset the computer when seats are back on so sensors read normal.