DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all
Default Rant on

well this is my third dodge, all were bought new. had a 2500 and 3500 both with 5.9 cummins. both were totaled, neither was my fault. hell, the 3500 was parked at the edge of a parking lot away from everyone and was backed into by an eighteen wheeler. i went to the dodge dealer and expected to drive off the lot with another diesel, but i couldn't justify the extra cost of a diesel especially since they have added all the polution "stuff" which killed the mpg and caused a lot of problems with the engine. so i spotted a 2011 "baby" ram, rcsb 4x4 sport at the end of "truck row", test drove it and bought it. keep in mind my first two doges were perfect, comfortable on family vacations, trouble free and got great fuel mileage.
after owning my baby ram for two months and with nothing to do, i decided to take a ride. this ride lasted for 130 miles round trip. this ride consisted of back country roads, and about 65 miles of hwy travel on hwy 78 from jersey to pa. here are my observations.
now i know this is a truck, but it sure doesn't act like one. found some s turns and while exceeding the speed limit, i blasted through them and really felt i was in a sport car. this "truck" held the road, the steering is responsive and gives pretty decent road feel there was some body lean, but nothing like i would expect from a truck. i should mention the sound of the hemi, but what can i say, those of us that have a hemi already know how great it sounds. merging onto the hwy is no longer a challenge, a little pressure on the go pedal and you are up to speed, a little more pressure and you are at 100mph. setting the cruise at 70 and i am again amazed. the ride is nice and smooth, 1800 miles on the odometer and no rattles thus far. no whistling or any other noises that shouldn't be there. i played with the evic, reset the mpg to zero and the evic goes up to 23 and back down to 21 depending on the small inclines. i can feel the mds, but the way it is now, it is not something i would consider even close to a problem. its hardly noticeable. my sport model came equipped with the center console and for me there is plenty of room. the power seat and lumbar support keep me nice and comfortable. also after this drive i am pain free. i have had a couple spinal fusions and two discs replaced. so this is high praise for the interior and ride quality and comfort. turning the key off at home i notice my gas mileage is 15.4. won't know how accurate this is until i hand calculate when i fill up later. sorry for such a long rant, but it has been a long time since i have been this pleased with a new vehicle. RANT OFF
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
abpelch is on a distinguished road

Dodge did a great job on these trucks. I think the Sport model gives you a little extra cornering ability due to the wider tires. BTW, I'm averaging about 16.5 driving like a little old lady (with the occasional hammering of the throttle when I can't take it anymore!)
Old 04-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

All I can say is DITTO!!! These new Rams take awesome to an entirely new level, I have never been this happy with a truck as I am with my Ram.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 PM
erm

Nice Rant, huntergreen! LOLOL
Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Yours is not a rant it's an expression of unadulterated pleasure and happiness. Which with my experience of my truck I can totally agree.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

yeah, i've been feeling like a little kid with a new toy. i still can't believe how much fun this baby ram is especially since i "settled" for the for the smaller 1500 gasser. truth be told i don't need a truck, never have, but i started driving them in the mid seventies as they were cheaper than cars before they became popular as daily driver, just can't see myself in a ford fusion or suv, although we do have a jeep, but it doesn't compare to my baby ram.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
herc is on a distinguished road

I have very similar "issues" with mine, and I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision. I used to put maybe 100-150 miles on my old truck most weeks, and I used to spend a lot more time at work and less time driving.

Now, all I seem to want to do is drive the new Ram. After having it for just 2.5 weeks, I've already put 800 miles on it, and this new addiction has caused me to plan two longer trips just in the next week and a half that'll total about 1400 more miles.

The INSANITY of it all... not sure if I'm going to be able to take it much longer.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:13
bronza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by herc View Post
I have very similar "issues" with mine, and I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision. I used to put maybe 100-150 miles on my old truck most weeks, and I used to spend a lot more time at work and less time driving.

Now, all I seem to want to do is drive the new Ram. After having it for just 2.5 weeks, I've already put 800 miles on it, and this new addiction has caused me to plan two longer trips just in the next week and a half that'll total about 1400 more miles.

The INSANITY of it all... not sure if I'm going to be able to take it much longer.

I feel your pain. I've had mine almost two months now, and just think of reasons to drive. I went for a two hour drive to nowhere on Sunday, for no damn reason. I blame Dodge for poor R&D when they we're designing this truck. They really dropped the ball. Anyone in the market for a practically brand new Crew Cab Sport with 1,500 miles? Maybe I should post in the For Sale section?

Last edited by bronza; 04-19-2011 at 06:11 PM.