DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
09ChallengerDad is on a distinguished road

I've been seriously considering getting an F1 BakFlip for my 2011 Laramie Quad Cab.
I emailed Morrie at BakFlip last Wednesday to see if he could determine whether it could be installed - without modification - on my RAM AND keep my OEM bedrails on as well. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. From the pics you posted, it would appear I could keep my bedrails on AND install the BakFlip with no problems.
Could you verify whether this is true or not?
Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

looks great bud...i got the bakflip hd a few weeks ago and i absolutley love it also and everything you said about it i feel the same for mine
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Water Blue/White Gold Two Tone
Rep:51
20Laramie11 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09ChallengerDad View Post
I've been seriously considering getting an F1 BakFlip for my 2011 Laramie Quad Cab.
I emailed Morrie at BakFlip last Wednesday to see if he could determine whether it could be installed - without modification - on my RAM AND keep my OEM bedrails on as well. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. From the pics you posted, it would appear I could keep my bedrails on AND install the BakFlip with no problems.
Could you verify whether this is true or not?
True statement. I did not have to do any mods whatsoever to make it fit. It comes with a rubber/foam gasket type piece that you stick to the bed at the cab since the OEM bed rails raise the cover a little higher than the cab portion of the bed. It just sticks on to the bed and then you put the cover on right over top. Easy day. Let me know if you need and pics or have any other questions. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:10
09ChallengerDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Laramie11 View Post
True statement. I did not have to do any mods whatsoever to make it fit. It comes with a rubber/foam gasket type piece that you stick to the bed at the cab since the OEM bed rails raise the cover a little higher than the cab portion of the bed. It just sticks on to the bed and then you put the cover on right over top. Easy day. Let me know if you need and pics or have any other questions. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply!
Ordered my F1 BakFlip last night from Morrie @ BakFactory website. They were running an "Up To 15% Off" sale and got my F1 for $839.00 with S&H included. Looking forward to doing the installation when it arrives.
Thanks again for the info!