DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
joflo is on a distinguished road
Default 5.9 4x4 vibrating

hey guys i have two problems the most pressing is the vibrating noise that starts when i hit 65 and gets worse when i hit 75 i havent gone past that because im afraid of what will happen so for the past month iv been reduced to driving 55 at top speed the other problem is the gas mileage before i started driving her again i was getting about 13 city 17 highway now im getting about 10 city and 12 tops highway from what i =ve read here a vacum leak can cause bad gas mileage and a check engine light did pop up when i had it read they told me it was a vacum leak so my question is were do i start?
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

A big Hello and a Warm Carolina WELCOME! I hope you make the most of the best RAM ForumZ on the Web!

As for the issue I don't have an answer for you, but others here might. Can I invite you to use the link in my SIG to join us in the Newbie Checkin and introduce yourself?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 2500
Color: whitw
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
beave928 is on a distinguished road

Your front end vibration could be a result of totally shot sway bar bushings. There an energy suspension kit online for about 20$ as for a vacuum leak I can't think of a specific place to start but your 4 wheel drive vacuum goes two places into the engine bay and back to your transfer case its hard to get your hand in there but there is a four port rubber deal that on my truck had a cracked hose
Its directly on top of your transfer case. But just take about 20 min to follow what hoses u can see and just be persistent because a broken vacuum line can deff cause loss of power and mpgs. Good luck mr joflo
Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 dodge ram 2500
Color: whitw
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
beave928 is on a distinguished road

Your front end vibration could be a result of totally shot sway bar bushings. There an energy suspension kit online for about 20$ as for a vacuum leak I can't think of a specific place to start but your 4 wheel drive vacuum goes two places into the engine bay and back to your transfer case its hard to get your hand in there but there is a four port rubber deal that on my truck had a cracked hose
Its directly on top of your transfer case. But just take about 20 min to follow what hoses u can see and just be persistent because a broken vacuum line can deff cause loss of power and mpgs. Good luck mr joflo